Chapter 4

The stairs leading up to my apartment level, creaked under neath the weight of my feet. Why Did I have to move to a building that did not have an elevator? I pretty much had to drag myself up the stairs after another sparing session with Sharon. Of course she being her, she won most of the spars. I was decant at hand to hand combat, but according to both her and Nick i needed more work.
More work my ass.
More training sessions would have just given Sharon more chances to knock me on my ass. Which I did not want. Even if more sessions would have made me get better.
I threw my slightly wet towel over shoulder and pulled out the water bottle from Sharon out of my duffel bag. I clicked the top open and lifted it to my lips.
   When I first joined up I had been through a few training ordeals. Apparently not enough though. With sweat glistening off my back I re adjusted my pony tail. What I was going to do with my now smelly workout stuff I didn't know? It was days like today that I despised having the laundry set. I then took out my key and stuffed it into the lock.
"What I wouldn't have given for a working washing machine right about now".
As I was about to open my door fully when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimmer of Captain America walking up the stairs. With Nats request still in the back of my head as was Nicks I left out a soft sigh to myself and turned back around.
     "Evening". Steve's blue eyes glanced up from whatever he was looking at and landed on mine. His lips curved up into a friendly smile. However in doing so I noticed his cheeks flush with red coloring. What was he nervous about....
As I felt a few drops of sweat fall off my nose I instantly realized that I was still in my sports bra and workout shorts. It was then and there that I just wanted to disappear.
"Evening, Gwen". He choked out. I felt my cheeks heat up and I just wished I hadn't even said a thing.
"Here to check up on me?"
I rolled my eyes at him with a smirk, happy that he broke the awkwardness. Thank goodness for that. I was already off set with a workout. I did not need this embarrassing moment to mess me up anymore.
"Unfortunately Captain, not everything is about you". Steve chuckled at my humor. "But no, I actually live here". I pointed to my apartment door. He gave me an ah with his mouth.
"You?"
Steve stepped in a bit closer. "Fourth floor".
   "Then I guess will be seeing more of each other".
   "I guess we will".
Great. Looks like i wasnt going to be able to avoid him forever.
"If you never need a bowl of sugar you know where to find me". I told him.
Making i would have to get to know him, but if i was i would do it on my own terms. On my own time.
"If you want to use my machine your more then welcome to".
I raised my eyebrow at him and kicked opened my door with my hip.
"Captain, I appreciate the offer, but I can use the one in the basement. I don't mind".
As much as I wanted to take him up on his offer, I couldn't. I barley knew him and it just felt weird to me to accept his offer.
   "I know, but it would save you all that time walking up the stairs".
   "Steve, Your practically a stranger to me".
Steve shook his head, still grinning.
"But i think it be nice". I said. "For us not to be strangers anymore".
Steve's grin widened.
"I agree". I crashed both my lips against. Trying to hid my half smile. "I would like to get to know you too, Gwen".
"Then it's settled".
Steve started back up the next flight of stairs, however before he could all the way to his floor he called back at me,
   "Coffee?"
I glanced back over my shoulder at his face,
   "Coffee".
And with that I turned in for the night.

I know it's really short.. I'm sorry about that, but I promise that the next chapter will be longer.