Horrible news and strange events

I was in Lupin's office. He asked me to help him learn Harry the Patronus Charm.

"Now the spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. Did you ever hear of it?" Lupin asked Harry. "Yes and I've seen it before. I saw (Y/N) do it." Harry answered. "The Patronus is a kind of positive force. For the wizard who conjures one it works like a shield, with the Dementor feeding on it rather than him. But in order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just a memory, a very happy, a very powerful memory." Lupin explained. "Close your eyes, Harry. Concentrate and think of your happiest memory." I instructed. "Do you have a memory? Allow it to fill you up. Lose yourself within it. Then speak the incantation, Expecto Patronum." Lupin told him. "Expecto Patronum." Harry repeated. Lupin gestured me over to a chest. "Shall we? Wand at the ready." He instructed Harry.

Harry gave me a nod and I opened the chest. The chest got slammed open with full force and a Dementor came flying out. "Expecto Patronum." Harry yelled. "Expecto.....Expecto.." Harry couldn't speak the spell anymore and he fainted. I quickly summoned my Patronus and forced the Dementor back into the chest. I walked over to Harry and woke him up. Lupin stood next to me handed him a piece of chocolate. "I didn't expect you to do it on your first try. That would have been remarkable." Lupin smiled. "That's one nasty Dementor." Harry exclaimed. "Oh, no, no, no. That was a Boggart, Harry." Lupin informed him. "A Boggart." Harry repeated. "The real thing would be worse. Much, much worse. As a matter of interest, what were you thinking of?" Lupin asked. "The first time I rode a broom." Harry answered. "That's not good enough. Not nearly good enough." I could see that Harry was disappointed. "Harry, do you remember the Mirror of Erised?" I asked him. He turned to me and nodded. "Try the thing you saw in the mirror. Try and picture your parents, that you saw them that night." I told him.

He nodded and readied himself. I walked over to the chest and waited for his signal. When he nodded, I opened the chest and the Dementor flew out again. "Expecto Patronum." Nothing happened. "Expecto Patronum." Harry screamed again and there came sliver smoke out of his wand. He forced the Boggart back into the chest and I quickly slammed it shut. "Well, done Harry. Well done!" Lupin complimented. "I think I've had enough for today." Harry breathed out. "(Y/N), how are you able to do this so easily?" I laughed at his question. "I've been able to do this for a long time, after some time you get the flow." I told him. "Honestly, Harry. I think you would have given your father a run for his money and that is saying something." "Yeah, Harry. It is something really special, if you get it on your second try. It took me several hours." I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Soon those Dementors won't bother you anymore." He gave a satisfied smile and I returned it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Harry, Hermoine, Ron, Samira, Daniel and I were making our way over to Hagrid's. Buckbeak's hearing was last night and we wanted to know how it went.

"Beautiful day." Hermoine said happily. "Gorgeous. If you aren't ripped to pieces." Ron sneered. "What happened in the hour that Harry and I where gone?" I asked. "Ronald has lost his rat." Hermoine explained. "I haven't lost anything. You're cat killed him." Ron scoffed. "Rubbish." Hermoine argued. "(Y/N), you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers lurks about." Ron sneered. "Who says it was Crookshanks? It could have been Angel or Devil. Most likely Devil." I said. "Well, Scabbers is gone." Ron whined. "Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets." Hermoine snapped.

We found Hagrid by the Black Lake, skipping stones. "How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermoine asked him. "Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why we were there. Then, I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff, always cleaning his feathers. And then Mara Parkinson got up. Well, you can imagine. She said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as he would look at you." He said. "And then." I asked dreadful. "Than she asked for the worst, did old Mara." He said. "There're not sacking you!" Daniel yelled. "No, I'm not sacked. Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!" Hagrid cried. I clapped my hand over my mouth out of shock and to prevent myself to scream myself to hell. I felt an untameable rage building up inside me. Next time I would see her I'm going to hex her to the moon!

---------------------------------------------------------

It was around midnight and I was walking through the halls. I couldn't take my mind off of Buckbeak's execution. Sometimes even the though of Sirius Black came in between. I suddenly heard soft footsteps. I quickly hid myself behind a pillar and waited.

"(Y/N)." Someone whispered. It was Harry. "Harry?" I whispered back. "Yes, it's me. What are you doing here?" He asked. "I could ask you the same thing." I replied. "I saw something strange on the map. Do you remember McGonagall saying something about Peter Pettigrew?" He asked, putting his light back on again. "Yes, I do. Something about always being with James, Sirius and my dad. And him getting killed by Sirius." I replied. "Come here." He waved me over and I went to stand next to him. He pointed at a name tag. 'Peter Pettigrew' was written on the name tag. I looked at Harry like I had just seen a ghost. I looked back at the name tag and Peter was coming closer to us. I drew my wand and was ready to blast this Peter if he would come to close. He came closer and closer and passed us, but neither me or Harry saw him. His name tag left the hallway we were in. I looked at a name tag that was closing in on us. It was Severus!

"Harry, Snape is coming." I pointed at his name tag. Harry let the map disappear and I put out my light. We waited in the dark and there appeared a light. "Potter and Hydra. What are you doing wandering corridors at night?" Snape asked. "I was trying to clear my head." I answered. "I was sleepwalking." Harry answered. "How extraordinarily like your father, Potter. He, too, was exceedingly arrogant, strutting about the castle." Snape scoffed. "My dad didn't strut. And nor do I. If you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you could lower your wand." Harry snapped. Snape lowered his wand and looked at Harry's pocket. "Turn out your pockets." Snape demanded. Harry didn't move. "Turn out your pockets!" He repeated. This time, Harry took the Marauders map. "What's this?" Snape questioned. "Spare bit of parchment." Harry lied. "Really? Open it." Snape ordered. Harry opened the map and the paper was blank. "Reveal your secrets." Snape spoke, while pressing his wand onto the paper. There appeared letters, but the map didn't show itself. "Read it." Snape demanded.

"Messres, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs offer their compliments to Professor Snape and.." Harry stared. "Go on." Snape said, kind of eager. "And request he keeps his abnormally large nose out of other peoples business." Harry finished. What he said wasn't a lie, it really was written on the paper. "You insolent little....." Snape started, but go cut off by someone else. "Professor!" The person called. Remus approached from behind. "Well, well. Lupin. Out for a walk in the moonlight, are we?" Snape hisses. "Severus!" I snapped. He looked at me and I gave him a look. He knew what I meant and he lowered his head. "You're right, (Y/N)." He said. Harry and Lupin looked at me as if I just had tamed a dragon, which I kind of did. 

"Are you two alright?" Lupin asked us. "That remains to be seen." Snape snatched the map out of Harry's hand. "I have now just confiscated a rather curious artifact. Take a look, Lupin. Supposed to be your area of expertise. Clearly it's full of dark magic." Snape handed him the map. "I seriously doubt it, Severus. It look as though it's a parchment designed to insult anyone who tries to read it. I suspect it's a Zonko product. Nevertheless, I shall investigate any hidden qualities it may possess. It is, after all, as you say, my area of expertise. Harry, (Y/N), would you come with me please?" He waved us over and we started walking to, I don't know where. Probably his classroom.

We entered his classroom and Lupin turned to us. "I haven't the faintest idea how this map came to be in your possession, but quite frankly, I am astounded that you didn't hand it in. Did it ever occur to you that this, in the hands of Sirius Black is a map to you?" Lupin snapped. We both looked down, knowing that we never realized it. "Your father never set much store by rules either. And neither did your mother, (Y/N). But they gave their lives to save yours. Gambling their sacrifice by wandering the castle unprotected with a killer on the loose seems to me a poor way to repay them! Now, I will not cover up for you two again. Do you hear me?" He asked. I turned around and left without saying a word. 

There is a bigger chance that I'll become a killer than that Sirius Black would become one again.