Chapter 2

Kayden's pov

"Father, Mother why do you keep insisting I marry this girl." I sigh, plopping down in a chair within my father office. My dad shoots me an annoyed look while my mom turns to me.

"Its important you have an heir. We can't pass down the title to you if you don't even have a mate or wife. You are 23 son. Your father should have given you the title at 18 but you have yet to find her." My mom says for the fifth time in 3 days.

"Also as you know we are the second highest pack in the world. This girl is the daughter to the Beta of the first highest pack, Ravenclaw , So We will be going to the Ravenclaw pack tomorrow." My dad says dismissing me from the room. I grumble angrily and I take my leave.

"So how did it go? Any chance of them changing their mind?" asks, My best friend and beta, Sammy.

"No I can't believe they are insisting I mate that she-wolf for power. I would rather be powerless and have my mate." I tell him softly. He nods his head looking as if hes deep in thought about something.

"Well Im sure everything will work out... Im here if you need me Kayden." Sammy pats my shoulder before slipping into his room that holds his mate and wife, Katie.

I sigh softly while opening the door to my room. I go to the closet and realise I still haven't packed. I grab jeans, shirts, hoodies, and a pair of shoes with socks. After that I pack them 'neatly' into the suitcase and retire to the bed.

As I stare at the ceiling I began to imagine what it would be like to finally have my mate. I heard you can tell by the intoxicating smell that comes off of them. The smell can reach up to 5 miles long. As well as you won't know for sure if its them until your skin touches. Once your skin touches the shocks that you will feel instantly connects the bond making it feel like you have everything you need.

I stand up and I go to the patio. I gaze at the stars while smiling sadly. All the tales I have heard of since I was young has ended in the moment my mother and father told me I would be going to Ravenclaw tomorrow and coming home with my 'mate' the following day.

I hear my door being opened and without turning back I know that its Katie. I hear the door close and her soft footsteps toward me. She stands next to me while gazing up at the stars as well with a small smile.

"The moon Goddess has blessed you with a mate. If she wanted you to marry a she-wolf she would have made that girl your mate. So I know everything will work out. You just have to believe that yourself and dont give up on your mate." I look down at her to see as if shes studying the stars. Her eyes trapped in the beauty of the sky.

I turn back to the stars and I smile. She turns and looks at me. She takes my arm and I look down at her small frame. She pulls me into the room and closes the patio door making sure to lock it.

"Go to bed Kayden. Theres no use worrying about the future. Its already been written. You just have to follow the path that you were given." I sit on the bed looking at the floor.

"But what if the future doesn't hold my ma..." I stop when I look up seeing as she has already left the room. I sigh and I turn off the light and lay down.

The small winds outside and the soft chirps of crickets slowly putting me to sleep to dream of a life with my mate.

~~~~~~

"Kayden... Psst... Kayden!!" I groan softly and I swat at the noise trying to get it to stop.

Suddenly I feel my body being shaken violently and I jerk up punching at the thing attacking me.

I look at the floor seeing Sammy groaning while holding his nose. I cringe as I realise that the thing shaking me was my best friend that I just punched.

"Oh shit... Sammy im sorry man" I get off my bed and I help him stand up. He chuckles while shaking his head.

"I should know better then to try and wake the scary alpha." I growl playfully at him and he laughs. I look at my alarm clock and it reads 9:23 Am.

"Sammy... tell me why you woke me up so early..." I groan while rubbing my face with my hands.

"Sorry Kayden but the Alpha order me to wake up... He says its time to get moving." His face showing the sadness he knows I feel.

"Alright... tell James, Tyler, And Tony we are leaving soon." He nods and shuts the door on his way out.

I sigh and I go to the bathroom to freshen up before the trip. It will take us 3 hours to get to RavenClaw. If we go by wolf it would take us 1 hour and 30 minutes but if we did that we couldn't take luggage... So unfortantly I have to endure the long 3 hours ahead of us.

I walk out of the bathroom when I hear a knock on my door. I go over and open it.

"Have fun Kayden... remember im doing this for you." My mother says. She hugs me softly and I just stand there awkwardly. She pulls away and looks up at me hurt flashing through her eyes. She nods and walks away.

"Kayden... you ready man? Im pumped I might find my mate there." James says. He will be in charge of the pack warriors once I get my title.

I smile at him and I grab my luggage. I walk out the door and follow him downstairs and into the awaiting car.