chapter 8

Robyns pov

I groan while opening my eyes. I glance around the room before sitting up. Shocks run through my back and I gasp loudly feeling as if being poked by needles. My body crumbles under the pain while I fall onto the floor.

"Luna!!" I hear a maid gasp and the sound of plates hitting the ground a second later. She rushes to my side and carefully helps me back into the bed.

I whimper softly while holding my head as my vision blurs slightly. I blink a few times before slowly looking up at the maid whos still rushing around getting the things ready for me.

"Luna.. I need to change your bandages and get you in better clothing before Jameson comes down..." She hangs her head as she speaks with me to show her sign of submission to a high status wolf.

I nod my head not really caring that she couldn't see me. I shift on the bed slightly so that my back is towards her and I hiss in pain as I move around.

When I'm finished moving around I look down noticing for the first time that im not wearing a shirt but the bandages are wrapped around my body from slightly above my breasts down to the middle of the stomach.

I hear the sound of metal before I feel her pull on the bandages cutting them up the middle. She starts to hum softly before we hear a loud knock at the door. She squeaks softly before rushing for the door.

I grab the blanket and pull it up and over my exposed torso. The door opens and to my suprise the last person I expected walks through.

"Beta Female!" The maid exclaims and drops her head instantly. My eyebrows furrow together as I watch her scoff and walk over to the bed. Her eyes run over my back and she smirks before turning a sneer towards my face.

"Jessica what are you doing in here?" I turn slightly to face her and I hiss softly. A soft wet cloth is placed on my back as the maid starts to clean my cuts carefully. I bite my lip while grunting softly.

"Im here to remind you that Alpha Kayden belongs to me." She sneers annoyed while a glare takes over her eyes. I hear an almost inaudible gasp from behind me and the sound of the cloth hitting the ground.

"I'm with Jameson. Why would I be trying to go after Alpha Kayden?" I force out the words with ease as if lying was a thing that I could naturally do.

"I see the way he looks at you. All he does is ask questions about you which isn't normal. He shouldn't want to know so much about you." She whines out while stomping her foot like a spoiled brat.

"I can't control what he does and doesn't do Jessica. But I would watch how you talk to me. Even if you have issues with me I am still in a higher position than you." Rage takes over her face and she raises her hand before bringing it down with the intention of hitting me.

"You will not touch her!" My eyes open which I didn't realise I had closed. Alpha Kayden stands behind me with his side towards my back. His hand is gripping Jessica's wrist with a bone crushing grip.

Jessica whimpers loudly and the maid is in the corner of the room with her head down and to the side to show her submission. My wolf whines loudly wanting me to reach out and calm our mate.

"Why are you defending her?? Your supposed to mate with me! Shes with Jameson!!" Jessica yells out while trying to get her hand out of his grip.

"She is the Alpha Female. You do not raise your hand to her. She is your superior. If Jameson heard of this you would lose your rank as Beta female as your not mated with another." He pushes her hand away and she stumbles backwards while gripping her arm in pain.

"It shouldn't matter! I can lose my rank im going to be Alpha Female soon!" She moves closer to him and I notice his hands still gripped tightly at his side.

"Jessica leave my room. Now." I command using my Alpha voice. I watch her try to fight it but her head drops to the side exposing her neck.

"Yes Luna." She storms out of the room with rage clear on her face. I look at Kayden and I notice his eyes closed and hes breathing heavily.

"Maid your dismissed. Go get Jameson and tell him that im finishing up her treatment and then she will be on bedrest for the night." Kayden turns towards the maid in the corner who nods her head as she scurries quickly out of the room.

"Kayden..." I begin while trying to turn around. He shushes me before grabbing my shoulders and lightly turns me back around.

"It's ok Robyn... Let me finish helping." I nod slightly while biting my lip at the close proximities of my mate. I hear the sound of bones breaking and a wet substance touch my back. Turning my head I notice Jaxson standing in his wolf form behind me.

My eyes widen as I take in his monsterous form making my wolf form seem tiny compared to him. His tounge laps over my cuts on my back while whining. Stormy howls loudly in pleasure while trying to take over.

When he seems satisfied that he licked every cut he moves back and instantly starts to shift again. I squeal and turn back front while covering my now bright red face.

He chuckles lightly before saying, " Im dressed now... not that I would have minded if you saw." I whine softly at his teasing and I feel him start to wrap my body in the bandage again.

"I need you to move the blanket Robyn... So I can finish wrapping your back." I look down at my naked form before blushing deeply. Moving the blanket I sit exposed to him but his eyes never linger or stray from the task at hand.

He walks over to the corner where the table is and as he is setting down the rest of the unused bandage the door to the room slams open.

"What the fuck is going on here!" Jameson stands in the doorway seething and hands clenched at his waist.