1

january 16th 2019

"i miss her." chaeyoung whispered to herself. she was in her bathroom, sitting on the floor, sleeping pills in hand. "what should i do.. should i call her?" she kept whispering to herself. gripping the bottle of pills harder and harder. "she probably doesn't even want to talk to me why do i still care?" she said as she slowly opened the bottle.

"will i feel better if i just sleep and never wake up?" pill after pill, more and more was on her hand. counting. 9, 10, 11.. she knows this is wrong, she knows she's leaving her friends behind. but to her, this is the only way out. the only way to stop the pain.

swallowing the pills, one by one, she climbed into the bathtub filled with water, and slept.

there was a knock on her doors. but chaeyoung was fast asleep in the bathtub. "chaeyoung? please open the door! i've been calling you for an hour now and you're not picking up, i'm worried!" shouted her best friend, lisa.

"where does she hide her spare key again.. goddammit" lisa cursed, snooping around to find the spare key to chaeyoungs house.

after finding the key, lisa hurriedly unlocked the door and ran inside the house, trying to find her best friend, her now 4 year old crush. all that was on her mind right now was finding chaeyoung. she knows in this past year chaeyoung has been more suicidal than before. she's been taking her to a psychologist, but none of it works for chaeyoung.

"chaeyoung? please answer me!" lisa shouted. no answer. she stopped for a second, to listen the sounds around her. she heard water spilling bit by bit in the bathroom. "oh my god.." she whispered to herself before she ran to the bathroom.

the sight she saw there, the sight she hoped she would never see. bottle of sleeping pills, empty, on the floor. water all over the floor. shattered glass everywhere, pictures of jennie and her together, bloody razors. the whole bathroom was a mess.

but the sight that pained her the most was the sight in the bathtub, chaeyoung. half dead already. she cursed and pulled her out of the bathtub while dialling the ambulance.

"911, what's your emergency?" the lady on the other side of the phone answered. "my friend just overdosed on sleeping pills and tried to drown herself in the bathtub what should i do?" lisa explained frantically. she didn't want to waste any time on explaining.

"ambulance is on it's way. what's your address ma'am?" the lady asked. after giving her the address to chaeyoungs house, she hung up. the 15 minutes ambulance took felt like days to lisa.

she wasn't allowed to go with them to the hospital. they said the usual bullshit "family only" but chaeyoung had no family. she was alone. only people in her life were lisa and jennie. but now it's just lisa and no one else.

chaeyoung lost her family years ago, no one knows that happened to them though. the police closed the case because they didn't have enough evidence. so now lisa is only person she has in her life.