Author's Note

I thought I would just use this chapter to "talk to you" a little! So these are just random thoughts or fun facts or whatever.

Firstly, the name of the book is partially inspired by Hozier's album Wasteland, Baby! because I'm a big fan of his music as of lately. And the twist is kinda that Louis never sings Oh, My Darling! to (y/n), but Iris does. And Iris is kind of 'the Lee' in (y/n)'s story.

I started writing the book on the 10th of March and finished on the 5th of April. The last chapter was published on the 22nd of April. The lenght of the chapters varied between 800-1400 words.

Something that I chose to do in this book was to include all the other characters as much as possible. Especially Ruby has been feautred in this a lot. I did that because I didn't want this book to focus solely on Louis, and Ruby is a character that doesn't get much recognition. (And for real, everyone likes Ruby).

And I also wanted to show that if you prefer Louis, you don't have to hate Violet. That's something I've seen a lot of in this fandom. It's sad because both of them are wonderful characters and I love them both.

And something you might have noticed is that I spared them from injuries, but that's just because I'm too soft. I did originally plan to KILL OFF (Y/N). I'm kinda glad I didn't, though.

And now I want to thank you for all the amazing support I have gotten while writing this book! Every single read, vote and comment has meant the world to me. Every time I saw your supportive words it brightened my day. Ily <3

Thank you, yet again, for reading this book! I'll see you in the next one!

Lots of love,
Helen.

-

Update from the 10th of August 2021:

Soo, you guys. What the heck? When a wrote this, at the age of 16, did I imagine that this thing would get over 60k reads? Uh no.

But it really makes me happy, seeing the notifications from people who still to this day read this story. It's with a proud heart that I say that I'm the writer of one of the most popular twdg stories on this platform.

I have now in the span of three days edited the story, really purging it and making it longer. My writing has of course gotten a lot better now, three tears later.

So just to update you all a bit on my personal life or whatever: I've now moved away from home and started university. It feels exiting, starting a new chapter in life. I can't wait to see what will come of the future.

Take care of yourselves in these difficult times. Maybe one day I'll plop back here with another book.

Yours sincerely,
Helen