2

* Addie pov *

I calm myself enough to not punch Toby in his symmetrical face the next time I see him. No doubt it'll be in front of the two huge men conversing in the patrol car that reads sheriff in fancy letters. As if I need to be reminded that Toby is in some shit. If he thinks his submissive little whore of a wife will be quiet he has another thing coming. I don't take orders from anyone let alone my prick of a husband.

I can feel Toby's heated stare on me but I refuse to give him my gaze or get back in the car regardless of the fridged air tightening my nipples through my thin dress. Why did I choose this one again? And why did I forgo a bra?

My thoughts halt has the two hulking figures get out of the car. The flashing lights do their physiques justice. Well, that and the police uniforms molding to their muscles as if it was painted on them.

Not that I'm looking.

Damn, do they grow them like trees here in the boonies?

focus.

My eyes lock on the face of one of the police officers and I gasp just as I hear the car door slam shut on the driver's side of our SUV. His gaze lights a flame down my body lingering on certain areas that were already standing to attention before his eyes landed there, but even more so now.  Those obsidian eyes run all over my body even down to my classic black Louis Vuitton heels. I feel hot, needy and incredibly filthy feeling this way for this man I thought I'd never see again.

Braxton James Night.

brax

The dark hides all of the features I want to reminisce on with my greedy eyes. What I can see shows his deep chocolate hair has gotten longer, shaggier and now curls up at the base of his ears. I sweep my gaze across his nose that seems to have been sculpted from God himself and finally resting on his pink plump lips that have me digging my nails into my palms. When I left town when we were both 16, I never expected him to turn into Adonis himself.  

Toby snakes his hand around my waist and I snap out of my lust induced haze. I try to take my eyes off Brax, but it seems virtually impossible to tare my gaze away. His tongue slips across those fuck-me lips and I shiver feeling the heat between my legs with the unmistakable feel of my arousal pooling in my underwear. As if he can smell my wetness he sucks in a sharp breath while clutching the paperwork in his hand unintentionally flexing his forearms for me to see. 

holy hell

Before I can think of any more dirty thoughts, he speaks. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Maddox I presume? We are here because there is a warrant out for your arrest, Mr. Maddox. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you." My mouth hangs open for the second time tonight as I process what Brax just told me concerning my husband. I narrow my eyes at his smirk seeing it as a form of disrespect that I won't tolerate.  

"Are you crazy? On what grounds? We don't even live in this county!" I shout at these self-righteous pigs. "If you think for one second I'm just going to let you haul off my husband, you are stupider than you look." 

Brax's deputy, Wren, snorts while shooting a quick look straight at Brax before landing back on me as his gaze travels up and down my body. He whistles, "Wow never seen such a sweet little thing talk to you that way, boss". Brax tenses and glares at his shitty excuse for a second in command. Wren has always been a sleazy scum even growing up. "Shut the FUCK up, Wren. We are here to detain Mr. Maddox if you want to speak to the lady, do it after we get back to the precinct," Brax grits out while still pretending he doesn't know who I am in front of my husband. For that, I am grateful. I don't need Toby wondering about my past nor these beautiful men before us. 

The less he knows about me the better. 

Submissive housewife. 

Maybe if I say it enough in my head I can channel my inner Nina to hopefully stay calm at this moment and not blow my cover. Thinking of Nina instantly makes me scowl. Shaking my head of my spirling thought tangent, I see Brax looking at me. 

"Mrs. Maddox, when a warrant is out for a person's arrest another county can see when the license plate is scanned. It automatically alerts us and we are compiled to follow through with the orders of the state." I could smell the bullshit oozing from his mouth but choosing to ignore it in order to be more like the whore Nina. 

be calm

Don't slap his sexy face that happens to have the perfect amount of stubble and that may or may not feel good all over my body. 

dammit

I'm hot again and pissed off. Not the best combination for the upcoming events that will now take place tonight. "Fine, sheriff. Let me call our lawyer and I will follow you both to your precinct." I will also have to call Nina and tell her to take Lena to my mother's house because I will be staying at a local hotel tonight. 

A/n: 

Well? 

The sexual tension will only be getting worse. Cue the cringe and second-hand embarrassment. 

Thalia