I hate myself for it!

The class happened to be on a feild trip and Sam Perkins was irritating my best friend Percy Jackson.

Yet again.

This time she has sparked Percy's temper, which is very short, by throwing pieces of a sandwich at him.

"Can I now?" Percy asks me, gritting his teeth. I turn and face him, from my seat by the bus window.

"Percy" I place my hand gently on his arm "you know you can't. You can't get expelled from another school".

"She's right man" our crippled friend Groversays sympatheticly.

"Then can't you?" Percy begs me with his eyes, which is completely not fair because he knows I can't say no to him. It breaks my heart everytime I have to say no to him.

"I'm sorry Percy but I can't" I sigh, "my mom will be pissed if I get kicked out of another school". My mother was a cosmetics sales women, so she was hardly ever home but when I was younger she left me with a nanny.

She still does.

Plop!

Sam throws another piece of bread.

"Please Rach?" Percy gives me the puppy dog look, I then begin to feel even more guilty.

"Perce," Grover says making Percy look away from me, I sigh of relief, "she can't do anything! Otherwise her mom witll be angry, look at her eyes!" he points to me "she feels guilty that she can't do anything"

You go that right!

Plop! Another piece of bread.

"Seriously!" Percy's anger sparks again. To prevent a fight with Ms. Dobbs  I grab Percy's hand and enlace his finger in mine. I felt a spark when our skins touched, this has been happening a lot over the past couple of months. I would get butterflies in my stomach whenever I would talk to him, I giggle constantly, and I have begun to worry about what Percy is going to think about what I wear and I have even become kind of awkward around him. Grover noticed and cornered me into talking about what was going on, and that was a couple of weeks ago.

*Flashback*

"Rachel, what has been going on with you?" Grover asks me "you haven't been yourself lately"

"nothing" i shift my books nervously.

"You're lying, your eyes are black. It has something to do with Percy!" he says as my face heats up and i am forced to look away because I fully well know that my eyes are changing colors. "Your eyes are changing colors, wait are they pink?!" he gasps, "you like Percy!"

"I do not!" I hiss trying to make Grover be quiet.

*End of flashback*

Screech!

The bus has stopped in front of the museum, and all of us begin filing out of the bus.

"Uh Rachel? You can let go of my hand now" Percy says letting go of my hand. As soon as it had come the warm tingling feeling that had been running through my body, leaving me warm and fuzzy, was gone. And I was disappointed. And with that dissapointment came the shocking realization that:

I, Rachel Amber Tate, am in love with my best friend.

And i offically hate myself for it!

*******************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Hey guys!

This is my first Percy Jackson fanfic

Tell me what you think!

Vote! Comment!