Realization

I dropped everything. Once again my hands came to my mouth in disbelief. Bellamy knew. He knew that the prisoners were being sent to the ground. That's what he meant by he couldn't save his sister. I had to confront him. Tell him I knew. I picked up all the stuff I could carry and walked back to camp.

As I neared camp I saw Bellamy sitting on a log with his hands on his head. He looked like he was freaking out. I walked into his line of view and he looked up relieved. He came over to hug me and I pushed away. He saw all the stuff and looked at me confused. "Where did you get that stuff?" he asked. "I got it from a dropship that crashed during the night," I said sounding saltier than I meant it to be. "Are you alright?" he asked. "No Bellamy I'm not fine. You lied to me. I wasn't going to die at the hands of a guard. They were sending us down to the ground. I could have been on that ship but I wasn't. You knew. You knew they were sending us to the ground. You knew they were most likely going to die. The only thing I don't know is why you saved me. And frankly, I don't want to know. You already fucked with my mind. Why didn't you tell me I could have lived. " I was screaming by the time I ended. He looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry I never told you. I...I...I can't explain." He was almost in tears. Something in the back of my mind made me move forwards. My hands came forward and grabbed Bellamy's back. I hugged him. I didn't know what was going on but I said, "You did save me from dying so I'll give you that." "I'm so sorry Clarke, I wanted to save you, I knew what would happen. That ship hadn't been used in 100 years. It would malfunction. I didn't want another helpless person to die on it." He hugged back and whispered, "I love you, Clarke."