001 : Castle Byers

The breeze made his hair tickle the back of his neck as he stopped walking on the road

The breeze made his hair tickle the back of his neck as he stopped walking on the road. Trees surrounded him as he heard noises in the woods. His head turned to the right to see the movement of a squirrel climbing up a tree. The crickets were loud in his ears and the night was black with bright stars scattered across the sky.

He adjusted his bag on his shoulders and decided to continue his walk through the woods instead of the road. His feet crunched the leaves under him as his searched continues.

His eyes skimmed past the trees, wondering what was beyond them. Hawkins was the place to find her. The only question on his mind, where are you?

He spent most of the day searching the town. Having no clue who to find or where she was. Most people gave the boy strange looks. He didn't bother to ask them anything because they would ask too many questions, not answering is own and he was genuinely scared that they might do something to him.

The journey was tiring for the boy as he adjusted the collar around his neck. His eyes lit up once he saw a small building figure in the distance. He dashed to the small structure made of wood and stared at the name placed on the top.

Castle Byers

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, lines appearing on his forehead as concerned filled his face. The wind blew the small blanket on the door only letting a small peak inside.

He held the blanket open, letting a sigh of relief once he saw no one in the fort. He crouched down, scanning the area with curiosity in his eyes.

Although it was dark inside, there was moonlight shining through a crack between two pieces of wood. So you can see slightly what was the wall.

The boy traced his hand along the drawings on the wall. He examined the drawings when his leg knocked over a stack full of comics. He frowned as he squinted his eyes to see what was on the cover. His eyes made its way to a bed next to the comics scattered across the floor.

He set his bag next to him as he sat on the bed. The shelter will be the closest thing to being safe for him for now. His eyes burned as he rubbed his arms moving the jacket he was wearing.

The softness of the bed made him lay down in a more comfortable position. His eyes wide open, making sure no one will get him.

He moved his hand reaching for something he couldn't grasp. A blanket at the end of the bed called out his name. He stretched his arm out and quickly snatched the blanket, placing it over him.

The boy's eyes fluttered closed and he listen to the world around him. The wind picking up the leaves and dragging them somewhere else. An owl could be heard in the woods with the mixture of sounds coming from the crickets. His mind was blank and his body warmth from the blanket was comfortable. Sleep consumed him when his eyes stayed shut.

Darkness swallowed the boy while he stared blankly out in the distance. A girl with curly brown hair observed the boy in front of her, waiting for his next move.

He stepped forward, letting the water under and around his feet follow him.

"Eleven?" The boy asked.

She pulled up her sleeve, revealing a tattoo that was the number 011. The boy understood and rolled up his jacket sleeve to reveal his.

"Five."

He smiled at Eleven and nodded. She ran towards him ready to give him a hug after not seeing him for years. Just as Eleven was going to hug him she went through him.

Five frowned, "We can do that when we find each other. Where are you?"

"Mike's house. Right now. You at Castle Byers?" Eleven glanced behind Five.

He peered at the structure that now appeared behind him.

"Yes."

Rustling of leaves and twigs made Five freeze and his eyes darted around the area, away from Eleven.

"I got to go," He spoke and realized that Eleven was gone.

Five surveyed the area while running around, trying to wake up as the noise became louder than before.

He stopped in his tracks when the nose stopped and all there was was a ringing in his ears.

He covered his head and his knees fell in the water. The ringing making his ears bleed. He rocked himself waiting for the sound to stop until he couldn't stand it any longer. He closed his eyes as soon as the sound stopped.

There, Five was laying in the cold water, passed out, before anything could get him.

-

A/n: The gorgeous sign off is made by caitlinfrcst
Credits to them so go check out their account!
Have a great day/evening/night!💜

A/n: The gorgeous sign off is made by caitlinfrcst Credits to them so go check out their account!Have a great day/evening/night!💜