Chapter 41 - Safe

Sneaking around the beautifully decorated mansion cautiously, Gidget and her two oldest children Esmeralda and Harrison were practically scared to death as they rounded each corner. All three were on the first floor and heading for the basement. Gidget figured that the safest place was to be outside and as far away from the mansion.

As she led the two puppies while keeping alert, Gidget had two worries on her mind. The first was obviously where the heck was Michael at. The fluffy white Pomeranian didn't want to accidentally come right into his line of fire. But she had no idea where he was. The second was she still had not found Cupcake and Sparky or Tiberius and Andromeda. Panic began jabbing at her heart when she thought that Michael probably found them. Shaking herself to rid herself of the feeling, Gidget spotted the basement door and headed towards it.

Navigating their way around the dark and creepy basement, Gidget and her two oldest kids finally reached the outside world. "Gidget, oh my god! Are you okay?!" Chloe cried as she rushed over to her friend. Max trotted over with Cupcake and Sparky on his tail. Duke, Snowball, Mel and Buddy were close by while the kid from earlier sat on a log. "I'm fine Chloe, don't worry." Looking around, her heart plummeted when she saw that her husband and youngest daughter still weren't there.

"The kids explained what happened. We haven't seen them yet," Chloe informed Gidget as if she had read her mind. Everyone else bowed their heads quietly. Taking a deep breath, Gidget ordered kindly but firmly, "Esmeralda, Harrison. Stay here and listen to everything your told. I don't want you guys inside the mansion." Her children nodded their heads, too tired to continue walking anyways.

Biting her lip, Gidget raced back into the mansion.