Part 1

#OBSTACLE #story #Part1 #KBS

Sneha sat on the vintage bamboo caned chair in the balcony of the one bhk flat on the second floor and sipped the black coffee. She kept the coffee mug on the glass table and pulled the embroidered pasmina more secure over her slim built body to ward off the December chills. It was seven am and the sun has just started to smile down. The soft rays spread the much needed warmth, yet the wind was chilly. The sweet pea flower in her balcony added an aromatic essence to the place

She looked down at the garden area from balcony and saw many health concious people were involved in various activities from jogging to walking to yoga. A few kids were running around and cycling and enjoying their winter break.

She took the last sip of coffee and got up and went to the kitchen and kept the cup in the steel sink. She turned to check the time again and looked at the wall clock that hung in the living room. It read seven fifteen. She had time. She went to take a bath and dressed in her regular faded grey pajama and pulled a lemon Yellow t-shirt and a pullover . After running a comb in her wet hair she went to light a small earthen lamp at the wooden little box temple that had a photo of Devi maa. She lit the Diya and prayed for a few seconds.

She then went to the kitchen and prepared herself a quick breakfast of poha and sliced an apple. She sat on the sofa, switched on the TV and tuned in to a news channel. She silently ate her breakfast. A repeat of one of Arnab's debate was going on. After some time she switched off the TV and went to get ready for office.

She changed into dark blue jeans and wore a grey kurta over it. She wore a dark blue color hoodie jacket. she tied hair in plaits and wore a simple silver coloured watch. She wore socks to keep her feet warn and slipped her feet into blue colored Belle shoes.

She picked up her handbag, kept her mobile inside, glanced at the wall clock which read eight thirty. She locked the door, kept the keys in her bag and took the stairs. She walked out the six building complex and took an auto for her office.

As the auto raced and the driver navigated between buses and cars, she was lost in her own thoughts. She worked as an HR in recruitment. There were at ten candidates lined up for interview today. Her Senior Mr Roy was retiring today. A new boss would be replacing him. For the past two years she had shared a comfortable work relation with Mr Roy, but today someone new would be joining.

She was jolted back from her as the driver shouted -"Ektu agiye boshun. Do log aar bosbe to" (Please shift and sit, two more people will sit).

She shifted to the corner and a young boy probably in his end twenties sat near her and beside him sat a young girl. The boy looked at her and passed a casual smile which sneha returned half heartedly and looked the other side.

"Listen. I am not going to adjust. You might think it's ok but for me it's not. For my birthday I want an iPhone." The girl spoke in an irritated tone.

"Babes, I don't have that kind of money. I promise I will get u an iPhone after two months. Give me two months" the boy answered.

"Please fool others that u don't have money. The high and mighty does not have money. I don't know anything, I want an iPhone tomorrow. Don't wish me tomorrow if you don't get me this gift. I have been praying fervently for an iPhone." the girl said.

Sneha smiled a little sarcastically at the argument and looked the other way and whispered to herself -"And there are people on this Earth who actually PRAY fervently for iPhones too. LIFE IS WEIRD".

She did not pay anymore heed to the conversation as her cell phone rang. It was from office. She told the peon to ask the candidates to sit as she will be there in the next five minutes.