Chapter 5: On the train

Eva didn't know anyone before hand and she was more of an introvert than anything, so instead of introducing herself to someone, she just found an empty train compartment near the back and pulled out her  favorite book, Beauty and the Beast. She curled up in the corner of the seat and started reading, ignoring all that surrounded her.

Meanwhile, a few compartments away, Neville Longbottom was stumbling through the train, bumping into people as he tripped by. He was looking for an empty compartment but was having no luck, as all the older kids had taken their seats from previous years and it seemed that all the other compartments were taken.

As the boy stumbled on, almost at the point of just giving up and sitting down in the middle of the train, he thought that he had glanced an empty compartment. He sped up so he could get their first, but he was surprised that when he got there, there was a small redhead curled up in the corner with a book concealing her face.

Having no other choice, he cleared his throat and she looked up, "Can I sit here?" He muttered quietly, not wanting to be a bother.

"Pardon me, but what did you say," she said, her voice soft but loud enough to be heard over the chatter and yelling of the train's passengers. She laid her book on the seat, careful to bookmark her page with a dog ear, and uncurled her legs, giving him her full attention.

"Can I please sit here," He repeated, his voice louder and more clear this time, "It's just that everywhere else is full and I have nowhere to sit. Actually, I'm probably bothering you, I should go and find another compartment. Bye. I'm really sorry and I hope you have a nice day, okay, bye," He rambled, giving her a small wave and starting to close the compartment door.

"You can sit here," The redhead replied quickly, not wanting to lose this chance at making a friend. "I could use some company." She blushed a bit, her shyness making the end of her sentence fade out quietly.

"I'm Neville Longbottom, pleased to meet your acquaintance," He said. With a shy smile blooming on his face, he shuffled over to the seat across from her and plopped down after setting down his carry-on bag.

The girl sat up and faced Neville, her hand outstretched and open, waiting for him to shake it. 

"I'm Eva, Eva Lupin, pleased to meet you too," She exclaimed a little too loudly, excitement taking over as Neville took her outstretched hand and shook it. Grins exploded on both the eleven-year-olds faces.

***

The two kids chatted on and on together for the rest of the train ride, and a bushy haired girl named Hermione Granger ended up joining them a bit into the train ride. The three first years had went to get some candy when the trolley lady had come around and they were happily devouring it until they noticed that Neville's toad, Trevor, had escaped and they split up to search for him.

Eva and Hermione ended up going around together and Neville went the other way, the three of them going from compartment to compartment searching for the wart-ridden animal.

Eva and Hermione peaked their heads into another compartment. This one, unlike all the others, was surprisingly loud and it was filled with snacks and five kids, three boys and two girls.

A guy with dreadlocks looks up, "'Ello," He said, his mouth currently filled with some type of sweet.

Two redheaded boys looked up at them too and they looked at each other with grins on their faces, "Hello," They said in unison, "I'm Fred-" started one of them, "-And I'm George," Finished the other. "We're twins and the best pranksters in all of Hogwarts history." They spoke in unison, barely glancing at each other, giving the illusion that they could read each others minds.