Chapter 5

Somewhere over the south of new Zealand, there was a legend to never cross the other side of the fields cause if you do, you can never return. Then one night, a group of teenagers went to the other side of the fields.

"hey chad, we shouldn't do this!" one of the teenagers said as they were about to cross a fence leading to the other side of the fields.

"whats wrong derik, scared?"

"you know, rod mason wouldn't be afraid of going to places like this. "

"yeah! Rod mason! The extreme rescue man! Just look at the snakes that he fought!"

"yeah! And the big white thing too!"

"don't be scared derik! We wont be here for long. We will just walk by and go back, easy as that right?"

"yeah but.. rod already warned us right? Of the dangers—"

"that was with those places. There isn't anything here at all right?"

"dude.. if you believe in some silly legend, then you're an idiot. You also read his book right? What was that saying.."

"Legends and myths are only rumors passed along thru word of mouth that only a very few are with basis and most are without. And those myths and legends serve as a reminder of a past worth telling and worth remembering." Derik

"as expected from a book nerd. If your one of us, then you shouldn't trust that silly legend or everything the old would just say."

"yeah.. that legend is too old. Who knows if its true. Besides, we are in the modern ages now!" chad said with open arms

"o-okay then. We wont be there for long right?"

"yes yes.. and this is also for your own good! So stop being a scaredy cat and come with us!" chad said after he got to the other side of the fence and waved at derik to come.

Others were with derik waiting for him and the others was with chad on the other side. Derik then gulped and stepped forward beyond the fence towards the group of boys in total of 10 of them. They then walked forward slowly into the foggy fields also filled with withered trees, never to be seen again.

"hello there. im here for this request." Rod was alone when presenting the request at the police station reception desk. Rod was in his armor when he visited the police station.

"okay.. just one minute.." the guy at the reception desk said before he saw rod mason with open eyes. "r-r-rod mason! Its really him!"

The others at the station then started to gather at rod who was a bit smaller than most of them.

"h-hey.. easy there guys. Im here for business though im happy that you all know me."

"who ever doesn't! you're the guy who always say ignorance is bliss!"

"your interviews were very good."

"who doesn't! he just fought against giant snakes and unknown objects!"

Rod just scratched his head while smiling. "c-can you please get the detective here.. this is really embarrassing."

"whats there to be embarrassed about?! We all like you because of what you said!"

"yeah! makes people go to cops again for help instead of just trusting crap from the internet."

Rod just stared at the guy at the reception desk while the people all said their good comments. "ehem."

"o-oh! Sorry mr rod! Right away!"

The guy then went his way to the detective. After a few minutes, a detective ran towards the crowd surrounding rod while rod was busy with signing autographs.