Chapter 1: "Hello~ Y/N"

The Year is 1964, Spring, Briarcliff Manor in Massachusetts

3rd P0V
          Oliver stepped out of his vehicle into the spring wind. The smell of petrichor fills the air giving him a sense of calmness. Oliver's shoes click and clack against the damp concrete; as he is walking towards the Briarcliff Manor: his new job. Oliver had been hired there by Sister Jude to be the hospital's psychiatrist.
          "Oh! You're finally here Doctor -"
          "Thredson." He finished without allowing her to finish her sentence. Acting as if she is inferior to him and can handle introducing himself without assistance.
          "Yes. I know. I was going to say that before you cut me off, but let us not bicker on our first meet up." Sister Jude states. her face changing from a stern annoyed look to a simple doll-like smile and wide eyes to seem professionally calm and collected.
          "Now, let's cut to the chase and get you to meet your first patient, shall we?" Jude stated rhetorically while turning away from Dr. Thredson making a guiding gesture with her hand for him to follow and proceeding to walk up the old chipped steps.
          When they had finally got to the top, where the door to the building was. Oliver examined the buildings architecture. It had brick red features to it. The building was huge, kind of like a mansion. The front displayed many windows with bars above and on the bottom showing huge red pillars that created three giant entrances. While all sat on a giant concrete slab platform that was under the hospital making it seem as if it were on a throne and trying to assert it's dominance over the town.
          "Follow me through this door." the nun stated while opening the door revealing the insides of the manor to it's new guest. The inside was very dark, not having much light to it. In the center stood a statue of a white angel with her arms out that made it seem like she was giving the doctor a warm welcome to his new job. A spiral staircase led upstairs to the rest of the huge mysterious building. A sense of dread seemed to loom over this place. Creating a feeling that would give a paranoid person any right to feel very paranoid.
          "This place seems very huge. I can imagine it houses many patients. Am I right Sister?" Oliver questioned while continuing to take in all of his surroundings.
          "Well, this place also used to be a hospital for patients with tuberculosis back in the 1880s." Sister Jude answered. "It was around the same time Thomas Edison was tinkering with electricity and gave us the light bulb." She continued in a joking manner while turning towards Oliver for a quick glance seeing if he had caught on to the joke; she laughs a little to herself at her own joke when seeing Oliver did not seem to find any amusement in her failed attempt at humoring him.
          Sister Jude then turned to one of her staff. "Guard!" She yelled. Startling the doctor and the people on the first floor of the ward. Some even looked at her for a quick sec to see if she was talking them or not. "Be a dear and Go fetch the patient from her cell now will ya?" she asked with tone as if the guard did not have choose whether he wanted to do the request or not.
          "Yes Sister." the guard answered monotonously.
          "So, what brings you to this place and why did you wanna work here?" Sister Jude asked.   
Oliver, as if trying to create small talk with him.
          Oliver looked at the nun. "Well, to answer your question Sister." he stated, in way that seemed like he was trying to stall for some more time, so he can carefully think of his response. "I'm here because the old job I was at was being closed down, so this forced me to find work at another place." he lied. Oliver knew exactly why he was working there. Oliver knew he had killed Donna Burton: the women who had worked at the Briarcliff Library. He knew Briarcliff Manor did not do background checks on their workers; leaving that place his only opportunity for him to make money and stay under the radar.
          "Ah. That's an interesting story and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your old job, but at least you were able to find a job opportunity here!" She said half-heartedly.
          Oliver didn't really care if she was being sympathetic or not. What he said was a lie after all.
          After a moment of silence and awkward standing around that felt like hours had passed. The guards came back carrying a young girl. She looked to be about 18 years old. She was very small, it seemed like she must have been a little under 5 feet; which was below the average 5.4" that someone of her age and gender should be. Her [H/C] [H/T] was in mangled knotty strands. It looked she had not showered or bathed in days. The unknown patient's [S/C] was dirty and covered in bruises and scars. It almost looked she had went through hell just being pulled from her own cell. The guard was holding her carelessly by one arm, almost as if she were some heap of waste instead of a person.
          Oliver proceeded to walk towards the little lady in what looked to be slow motion. Oliver looked down at the helpless frail girl so he could further examine her and take in her features.
          He could see she was weak and malnourished. Her once bright and lively [S/C] now looked as if someone had dimmed down the lights making everything dark and pale. He could tell she must have not weighed much due to how skinny she was and the way the guard was haphazardly holding her weak right bicep in a way that seemed as if her arm would snap off any sec. Looking down at her feet he could see she was struggling to stand because of the guard and her tiny height.
          The doctor looked up a little, so he could get a better look at her small face. She had dry and chapped lips with some small forming scabs on them and hanging dead skin that she seemed to have chewed on. Her face was dirty and her [E/C] eyes very fogged, dull and wide with a hint of fear. It was almost as if her eyes were saying help me towards the tall Dr. Thredson. The smell of sweat and dirt wreaked from her clothes and body.
          "And who might you be?" Dr. Oliver asked in a soft whispered voice. He stared into the girls [E/C] eyes intently.
          "[Y/-Y/-Y/N]." She stuttered out in a soft yet scared voice that sounded like she was going to burst into tears at any second.
          Oliver brushed a strand of her stiff and dry hair gently out of her face and behind her ear. Oliver began to speak in the same tone but slightly more form and determined towards her while lifting her chin a little, so she could look up at his dark voided eyes that went on like small black holes. "My name is Dr. Oliver Thredson. I'll be taking care of you from here on out."

Sweetheart, you look a little tired
When did you last eat?
Come in and make yourself right at home
Stay as long as you need
Tell me, is something wrong?
If something's wrong you can count on me
You know I'll take my heart clean apart
If it helps yours beat

"Two" By Sleeping At Last