Chapter 9

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER! NOR HAVE I EVER NOR WILL I EVER!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter 9:

October came at went, leaving us in a chilly November. I thought that the Slytherin Common Room couldn’t get any colder, I was wrong. We had to have the fires constantly going to keep us warm. The Slytherins in the years above us didn’t seem as affected as we, the first years, were.

The top of the Black Lake was covered with a thin sheet of ice, but underneath, the creatures swam happily in the chilled water. Every now and then I would see them swimming past my window at night.

“What has everyone going crazy? I asked Tori as we exited the Slytherin Common Room.

It was a legit question. Marcus Flint was looking fearsome than he usually does and many of the Slytherins (including Malfoy) were talking about a mattress and Harry. I couldn’t help but give them a weird look when I passed by.

“Because, Vi, it’s Quidditch! The first game is tomorrow and it’s Slytherin versus Gryffindor!” she squealed.

I replied a simple ‘oh’ and that explained about Harry and a mattress. It was going to be his first game!

“Come on! Let’s go find Harry!” I said, dragging her arm towards the direction of the courtyard. But we were soon stopped by two familiar faces.

“Jenna! Sophia!”

The two girls immediately stopped talking by the glassless windowed and looked around before their eyes landed on us. Jenna gave us a small smile and Sophia waved a yellow gloved hand. Both of them were all bundled up and their cheeks slightly flushed from the cold.

“Hey,” Tori greeted and they mumbled it back.

An awkward silence fell between the four of us.

“So, cheering for Gryffindor, yeah?” I asked and they scrunched up their faces in confusion.

“Yes,” said Sophia hesitantly. She brushed back one of her curly locks and looked between Tori and I like we were going to do something.

“What?” I said.

“Ar- Aren’t you going to say that we need to cheer for Slytherin, because that is your house,” she replied. Her blue eyes were wide with fear.

Tori snorted. “Yeah, right.”

“Why would we do that?” I asked.

“You’re Slytherins,” said Jenna simply. “Everyone knows that no good witch or wizard ever comes out of there.”

I stood there frozen, looking up at her. Was this true? Was I put in there because my parents were evil? Is that why all my Gryffindor friends started to ignore me? All of the other houses didn’t want to be my friend because I was in Slytherin? Am I evil?

“Well, we aren’t,” stated Tori. “We are your friends!”

“Yeah,” I replied. “And if the other houses have a problem with that, then they are all butt faces! We’re not like the ones in our house! We’re not like Malfoy.”

“And Parkinson,” Tori added.

“Or Snape!”

I glanced to see Sophia with a grin that stretched from one side to the other. Her little dimples were noticeable on her face.