Chapter 11

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER! I THINK EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter 11:

I had never even seen any Christmas dinner like this. There must have been about hundred juicy, roast turkeys; heaps of roast and boiled potatoes; platters of chipolatas; tureens of buttered peas, silver boats of thick, rich gravy and amazing cranberry sauce – and stacks of wizard crackers every few feet along the table.

Party favors were in no comparison to Muggle ones that I have had in the past, with their little plastic toys and their flimsy paper hats inside. I pulled a wizard cracker with George and it didn't just bang, exploded and surrounded us all in a cloud of green smoke. A Muggle wizard hat popped out along with live, walking gingerbread men. Ron grabbed one of them and stuffed his face.

Flaming Christmas puddings followed the turkey. I laughed as Percy nearly broke his teeth on a silver sickle embedded in his slice by Fred and George. I saw Hagrid getting redder and redder in the face as he called for more wine, then kissing Professor McGonagall on the cheek, who giggled and blushed, her top hat lopsided. I gagged at the sight.

When Tori and I finally left the table, Fred and George had suggested a snowball fight. I also noticed that all of the gingerbread men had disappeared and I had a feeling it had to do with a certain Weasley. I was Fred, Harry and I verses George, Ron, and Tori and we one.

“Harry,” I asked the next morning. “Why are you not eating?”

“Vi is right,” agreed Ron. “You do look a bit odd.”

Harry, of course, just mumbled, “I’m fine,” and that was it.

Tori and I shared a sideways glace before ignoring it. Maybe he ate too much last night, but that thought quickly went away the day after that.

"Want to play chess, Harry?" said Ron.

"No."

"Why don't we go down and visit Hagrid?" I suggested and Tori nodded.

"No… you go…"

"I know what you're thinking about, Harry, that mirror. Don't go back tonight."

“What mirror?” I asked

"Why not?"

“Why can’t he?” asked Tori.

"I dunno, I've just got a bad feeling about it — and anyway, you've had too many close shaves already. Filch, Snape, and Mrs. Norris are wandering around. So what if they can't see you? What if they walk into you? What if you knock something over?"

“What are you talking about?” Tori and I asked at the same time, but we still got no reply.

“You sound like Hermione.”

"I'm serious, Harry, don't go," said Ron.

That night, for some reason, I couldn’t sleep. I crept out of my room, leaving Tori peacefully asleep, and out of the Slytherin Common Room. My stomach growled as I started to creep my way around the castle that was until I bumped into someone.

I landed on the cold, hard ground with a ‘thud’. I looked up to see Dumbledore with his eyes twinkling. Standing up slowly, I flashed an innocent smile.

“Isn’t a bit late to be wondering the corridors, Violet?” asked Dumbledore.

“S-sorry Professor,” I said. “I got hungry.”