PROLOGUE

- Lucky's POV -

It was a beautiful evening, the star had shown up early. . .

Today, I and the PAls had a special guest :

Javier!

I was really happy to know that he and his father was about to stay in Miradero for a month!

It was a special holiday, they said.

When he came to my house and said that, you couldn't believe how happy I was.

I couldn't see that coming!

The greatest news was that he was going to stay in my house, what an amazing opportunity.

It went like this. . .

"Lucky, wakes up," Aunt Cora called my name out loud. "We have a guest here!"

I quickly ran through the stair, hastily wearing my boots.

I almost fell as I did so.

I thought it was Pru and Abigail at first---of course, you didn't need to ask for the reason why.

So, I started with a little welcoming speech.

"I know, Pru. I know that I told you yesterday that we are going to babysit Polly today, and I know you and Abigail are so exciteee-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence. I was in pure shock. The one who was standing in front of me wasn't the PALs.

It was pretty guessable, wasn't it?

I freezed just like a chicken in a box.

"JAVIER!" I yelled.

I was so happy to see him in front of me, that I couldn't even think of a polite manner to say 'hi.'

"Hola, Fortuna!" He replied, as I hugged him real tight.

He chuckled for a while, noticing my 'shocked and hoping that this wasn't a joke' face. I could see that he was blushing and so did I.

So, I broke the hug and asked him for a ride together. He agreed. I called Spirit, and told Aunt Cora that I and Javier were going to call the PALs to babysit Polly for my dad and Mrs. Kate. . .

. . .my new mother!

It was a few minutes of nervous silence, when we went to Pru's house.

Well, At least, until he started to say, "Te extranõ tanto."

Of course, I did not understand.

But, I blushed anyway. So I chuckled nervously to chill down the situation and reduced my embarrasment, even if it was only a little.

I began to reply, "so how are you doing with your trick riding performance?".

"It went great!" He said. "Pero no se siente completo sinti."

Of course, once again, I didn' t understand it.

But, he said it with a flirtatious voice.

So, yup, I blushed again.

When we arrived at Pru's house we had been talking about lots of thing---in English of course.

"Pruuuudddeeeennnncccceeee!" I shouted, calling her name.

"I am coming!" She replied hastily.

I and Javier chuckled, Pru classic.

She opened the door, and had an expression like. . .

'What? Did you two just having a date?!'

Seeing that expression made me felt uncomfortable. "What is with you face?"

Spirit and Hacheta neighed, seem like they were both laughing.

I could see Boomerang, so, I knew that Abigail was already there.

"Abigail!" She yelled, telling the goofy girl to come as fast as she could. "Guess who is with Lucky?"

"Santa?" She exclaimed in pure joy.

A bit hint of dissapointment could be seen in her eyes when she saw Javier.

I knew it was two more days before christmas. . .

. . .but, santa? She gotta be joking!

I looked at Javier, and then Pru.

We all laughed together. I could see that Abigail was a bit embarrassed about that.

But, Abigail being Abigail, she bursted in laughter along with us. The cheerful girl we always knew and loved.

She stared at Javier's eyes deeply, trying to make sure he and I didn't do anything funny.

Abigail daily, I thought.

Javier was a bit nervous. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh to escape my mouth for that the two seemed so hilarious to me.

After 15 minutes horse-riding of joy back to my house, I could see that Javier dad has --indeed-- arrive!

I and the PALs, didn't forget about Javier, quickly got into the house and greeted him cassually.

"Ah, there are the kids," My father pointed at us.

"Thanks Jim, letting us stay in your house for the next thirty days is definitely a treat," Javier's dad thanked my dad loudly.

Very loud to be honest.

"No, problem!" My dad said. "It is what friends are for---and I think Lucky will be happy about it too!"

I whispered to Javier, "you are staying in my house?!"

"Well, looks like it is a yes?" He replied.

"This is so great, you can teach me more tricks!" I exclaimed.

He smiled back, with a very charming smile.

His dad told us that he was going to went out to the town for a while.

So, I asked if Javier wanted to stay and helped us to babysit Polly, as my dad and my mom is going to lead his dad for a tour around Miradero.

He agreed.

So, we spent the the first morning of the month to babysit Polly. A calm way to start our adventures.

After lunch, I asked my dad if I could go for a ride with Javier. He accepted it.

So, here we were now. On a nice evening, right on top of a hill,  watching the mesmerizing view as the sun began to set.

《¤¤¤》

[Dictionary]

Te extranõ tanto : I miss you so much.
Pero no se siente completo sinti : But, it doesn't feel complete without you.