The call

No one got to slip into the land of dreams, not a single person. All they did was either let the hot liquid that ran down their cheeks darken the color of the pillow or stare blankly at the shadows of the room with one person in mind.

Nothing felt real but everything proved otherwise.

They didn't feel complete. No matter how long a member stayed up late at practice, they always knew that he will come back, that he's alright, that the day will be finished with them all sleeping under the same roof.

No one talked about the matter after they left the company. Holding hands and staying close to each other was their silent way in reassuring one another that they're here and to stay strong, but who is there for Seokjin?

The day passed slowly like this. With them being silent and distant. Each in their room. Only moving when necessary and eating when Sejin gathered them for meals that they left half untouched.

When the first day passed like this, Namjoon was the first to take a deep breath and pull himself up on his legs the second day.

He found Jungkook in Jimin's room, crying his eyes out once again. Turns out the moment he was left alone, the monster in his mind was unleashed. Preventing him from falling into the sleep he needed in fear that when he wakes up, unpleasant news about his hyung is what will greet him.

Jimin was no better. He was caressing Jungkook's back in a comforting manner as the hands around him clutched his shirt tightly but his glassy eyes and trembling lips spoke for him. That he too needed someone to help him move through this tough time, to tell him that their hyung will be coming back.

Even though Namjoon was in the room, doing his best to help calm Jungkook down. He wasn't really sure what the right words or actions to do were. He couldn't simply lie and say that their hyung will be coming back when Jungkook asked him if he will between his hiccups.

"W-what if we don't get to s-see him again?" His voice was faint, so small as if he was afraid of talking.

"Have faith Jungkook" Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jungkook, engulfing him with Jimin in a hug from both sides.

"What if they murder him?!" He screamed but it was muffled by Jimin's shirt.

"They won't-"

"They're criminals hyung! Not ordinary people who just made their way into our house and took Hyung without leaving a trace" He shook his head.

Namjoon tightened his grip around the younger "They won't throw his life away just like that" He breathed deeply "The detective said it, they're probably after money. If they want to get it, they need hyung. His life is important to them" He tried to convince him.

"He's right kook. Please don't think like that" Jimin kissed his forehead "We can't lose hope so early. Let's wait together for news about hyung, yeah?"

Jungkook wasn't completely convinced but a small nod was his answer after a few silent moments save for his hiccups. He would try to wait for news rather than making them for himself.

"Let's sleep now. How about that?" Jimin asked softly and the three of them laid on the bed like this. With Jungkook between Jimin's and Namjoon's arms. Giving each other comfort and helping Jungkook fall into the sleep he needed.

Unkown to the three of them. The eldest rapper's ears, along with the main dancr and Taehyung were listening from behind the thin door. They were in the same position in Hoseok's room minutes ago since in actuality, Namjoon wasn't the first to take that deep breath. Yoongi was.

___

In one world, Jungkook was seeing his eldest hyugh in a dream he would later wish for to take the place of reality.