Chapter Forty-Four.

I woke up suddenly. I looked around and didn't see Cameron anywhere. I got out of bed and went downstairs and saw Cameron on the phone. "Okay, I'll tell her." Oh no. "What happened?" I asked. "Nothing. Pony just called to say that Dally is over at there place resting up. He did not want to be at that hospital any longer." I let out a sigh of relieve, then went upstairs and took a quick shower then got dressed. I went back downstairs, Cameron was waiting for me. We left to Ponyboys house. I looked at Johnny's house, his parents probably don't know. Heck, they probably don't care. We got to Pony's house and went inside. Soda was sitting on the couch with Ponyboy. "He's in our room, he'd been asking for you for a while. We didn't know you guys were..." Soda trailed off. "Yeah, sorry meant to tell you guys." I said to him. I heard him laugh a little while I went to the room. I walked in and saw Dally lying there. "Hey Dally." I said going beside him. "Hey. Why weren't you here? I thought," he said,"I thought I lost like I did Johnny." I didn't want to cry. "No I'm right here I'm sorry Dal." I said. "It hurts like hell." He said running his hand over the bandages. "I bet." I said. "I can't believe he's gone. I just can't believe it." He said. I looked into Dally's eyes, there were tears. "If you need to cry, cry I'm not gonna judge you. I know you loved him." I told him taking his hand. I felt him squeeze my hand quickly and then heard him cry.