Chapter 2: Nightmares and Sisters

(Reyna's p.o.v.)

Everything was dark. It was just pitch black for as long as I could see. Then it was light. I saw my worst enemy and school slut, Kristy walk towards me.

I panicked. I thought she had come to haunt me in my sleep. But instead, she walked straight through me towards another figure. When I turned around, I saw it was my stepsister, Stacy. What the heck is going on here?

"Rumor has it the girl was shot in the side, blood gushing out of her wound. The others may be dead, but she is unconscious and almost dead. We left her there to die," Kristy told Stacy.

"Wonderful. Soon, all that is hers will be ours. Oh revenge is sweet! Now, all we have to do is capture her. I know that the king has taken her under his wing. We just have to capture her, threaten him and her mate with her death and the rest is simple. We get what we want!" My sister says.

Kristy and Stacy share an evil laugh and Kristy walks out the door.

Then blackness enveloped me again.

This time, I ended up in a field. In the middle, on a picnic blanket, sat my mate. I wanted to run to him and give him a hug and tell him I missed him, but I couldn't move. I could only watch.

As I watched, I saw a figure come out of the woods, but Tanner didn't seem to notice. He was too busy staring at the sunset. The figure crept forward and I saw the gleam of silver in his hand. No. This can't be happening.

The figure was right behind Tanner. I watched as he raised the blade in the air and brought it down on the back of his neck. Tanner fell to the ground and blood poured out of his wound. I used my advanced hearing and found his heartbeat had stopped. I screamed.

I woke up in a cold sweat, screaming my head off. King Nicolas ran in and three doctors followed him.

"What's going on? What happened? Are you all right?" Nicolas asked.

"I'm fine," I said, still shaken up from the nightmare. "I only had a nightmare."

Nicolas relaxed.

"Thank the goddess you're ok. You could've been seriously hurt," he said.

"I'm ok. I don't know what would try to harm me with the king and his guards everywhere," I said.

"That's true but it happened 21 years ago. And it also involved you, didn't it Reyna?" the king said.

"Don't remind me."

The king laughed. "Get some sleep now. I'll see you in the morning."

"Goodnight," I said. Then I went back to sleep.

***********************************

(Tanner's p.o.v.)

I miss her. I miss her hair, her smile her lips. I miss everything about her. The way she could kick everyone's ass. The way she put up with me and my problems. I love her. I always will.

"Alpha?"

I turned and saw my little sister Kate by the door.

"Kate. You know you don't have to call me Alpha. You're my sister. You call me Tanner. Ok?"

"Ok."

"Now. What is it you need?"

"I want to meet Reyna. I've heard so much about her since I got back from Australia. I want to meet her!" Kate said.

I sighed. "You can meet her as soon as she comes home. She...... left for a little bit. And what were you doing in Australia?" I said.

Kate giggled. "I wanted to see what it was like. So I borrowed a couple thousand dollars from the pack and went. Where is Reyna?"

"Reyna went to visit her dad."

"Why didn't she take you with her?"

"My, you are curious." I sighed. "Reyna is..... different. She did something that scared her and she ran off."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault Kate. Don't worry about it," I told her.

"Bye big brother!!!" Kate said as she left.

"Bye Kate."

_________________________

So Tanner had a little sister? Whaaat?

So anyway. How do you like the book? I'm sorry I haven't updated lately but I have practice and games and homework and chores and vacation and friends and family and so on and so forth. I'm sorry and please DON'T HATE ME. I haven't had time to update but I will update 4 chapters next time just to make up for it. I'M SORRY!!!! I'll try to never do it again. Kate on the side.

Vote?

Comment?

Like?