Chapter 3: Training

(Reyna's p.o.v.)

It's been a week since I last saw my mate. And the pain is killing me! I know that I'll have to deal with the pain, but the fact that Tanner is feeling the same pain makes it hard. I hope I can see him again.

"Please eat something miss. You need your strength," said the maid.

"I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat," she said.

"I'm not hungry," I growled.

She sighed and left. I hadn't eaten anything since I woke up. All I want is to see my mate again. I didn't want to eat, sleep, anything. I wanted my mate.

Just then the king walked in. "You need to learn to control your powers. I will train you in the earth area, but you need to wait for your mother to learn how to control your fire powers. Get something to eat then come to the arena," he said.

I nodded. This is what I ran away for. To learn how to control my powers.

I got dressed and ate some pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage then made my way to the arena.

I thought my father was going to take me into the woods or something so I could learn my powers. Instead, when I reached the arena, I saw about 20 people from my father's army lined up at the far end of the arena. I stopped at the edge and stared, wide eyed, at my father.

"What's going on here, dad? I thought you said we would be training?" I ask.

"We are training. I want you to knock over to objects that any one of my soldiers holds out. First we will work on your earth powers. Then we will test your fire abilities. Begin," my father said.

I watched as a soldier stuck his hand out. Resting in his palm was an apple. I looked at the poor guy, fear eminent in my eyes. Not fear for me, but fear for the man standing with his arm outstretched waiting for me to start.

I took a deep breath and thrust out my arm. A wave of dirt and rock rushed towards the soldier. I saw his eyes widen in shock and fear as a torrent of earth came hurtling at him. I watched, helplessly, as the rock hit the apple, crushing it to pieces. I watched as the wave of rocks continued on.

I tried to stop the rock. I stuck out my hand again, desperatly trying to stop the rocky wave. But it was too late. I watched in horror as the rocks slammed into the poor man. I heard the heavy THUNK of rock hitting bone and gasped as the man crumpled. His comrades barely caught him before he could hit the ground.

I watched as a couple other soldiers carried the man away. But when I saw another soldier stick his hand out, holding yet nother item, I flipped. I could not believe that they actually wanted to countinue after I just knocked out, maybe killed, one of their own. I couldn't stand it.

I ran inside before I did something I would regret. I ran into the castle and found the training room. I found a punching bag and began to mercilessly beating it. I punched, kicked, heck, I even shredded the punching bag. When I was done with th bag, all that remained of it was a chain hanging from the ceiling and shreds on the floor.

I turned to the dummies. I chose multiple weapons to tear the dummies apart with. Around my waist, I had about 30 throwing knives and 2 10 inch daggers. I also had a sword. I got a bow and a quiver full of arrows. I walked up to the first dummy. I fired my bow on that single dummy until I was out of arows. I turned to the next dummy. I threw my 30 knives at if. I threw one knife so well, it cleaved off the dummy's head. I turned to the third and got my daggers out. I sliced through the dummy until it was only shreds. I did the same to another 15 dummies before breaking out my sword. I cut, stabbed, sliced, and diced through the dummies.

When my anger and frustration finally subsided, I was surrounded with shredded dummies and punching bags. Every single target was shredded to pieces smaller than my finger nail. This was normal for me though. When I lost my temper, everyone around me had better steer clear or be shredded to pieces. If someone pushed me past my limit, I wouldn't use weapons. I wouldn't even use my claws. I would tear that person to pieces with my bare hands.

As I looked around the room, judging how much time it would take me to clean this, I didn't realize that someone had come into the room. Not until the person spoke that is...

"What in the world happened in here?" asked the person. I turned and saw none other than my father.

Oh crap.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!! I felt like being nice today. So here is an update! I will not be updating very frequently though, because I have a lot of work to do. With school and advanced math and snowboarding and hunter safety, I will not be able to updae a lot. Sorry.

Also, I am dedicating this chapter to beingmemyself for convincing me to update. Thank you all for reading my book and I hope you like this chapter!!!

-Kay