~ t w o ~

he left the store, then hwayoung locked up and walked back to her house, in the cool night.

upon arriving home, it had been almost an hour. she lived quite far away from the shop, but didn't mind the walk as she liked working there and walking. 

it had been around 9:46pm when she had finished cleaning and locked up the shop. on other nights it wouldnt take as long as she had yeosang with her and the two would be able to get things done much faster, however on Fridays it would always take her up to an hour to get it all done by herself.

she walked up to her rooftop apartment and placed all her things in her living area before heading outside to the place where she kept her three bunnies. she lived on a rooftop apartment that was right next to another similar apartment. they had a gap between the buildings, but the apartment was still there.

she had a small area of grass for the bunnies to run around and get the grass that they wanted. she gave them their food and fresh water, before brushing their furs. she would often talk to them as she didnt know her other neighbours, her brother was always with his friends and she had never seen who lived on the rooftop opposite her.

the bunnies she had were all completely different. each had a different personality. one, she called chubbs as he was always eating, he was white and always seemed sleepy. 

the next one she called tiger, mainly because it was ginger with black streaks randomly dotted on him, he was also really energetic always running around. the last one she called prince, he was grey with brown ears and a white circle around his left eye. he was also super clingy and loved attention also coming to you when you called his name.

she loved them all and if you asked her to choose a favourite its like asking an atiny to choose their bias, almost impossible. while she was sat playing with her bunnies, she didnt notice a figure watching her from the rooftop opposite

---

seonghwa was getting sick of the party. it was only 10:15pm. they had been there for around half an hour and he was already bored. none of the girls here were as interesting as he usually found them.

he grabbed his phone from the table and set out walking back to his apartment. it wasnt too far but he normally like to walk through the park at night to admire the stars.

he may be known as the schools badboy, and likes to keep that image, but really on this inside he went all soft for the simplest of things. he loved stargazing, and small animals. he didnt mind hurting a persons feelings but he could never do anything to an animal.

as he sat on a swing in the park, he heard someone humming as they passed by. he turned his head to see the girl from the cafe. what was her name again? yeosang had mentioned it to him a few times but he never really listened.

what seemed to concern him more though was the fact she was only just getting home now. he hated the thought of people walking around in the dark on their own, especially when they have nothing to protect themselves with.

he watched her as she walked past the park, and he could see her clearly going into the apartment complex next to his. the apartment complex next to his? he stood up from the swing, wanting to get home as the cold was starting to hit harder than it had before.

he walked slowly up the stairs and into his apartment, dumping his things on the kitchen counter before walking and getting changed into a pair of sweatpants and a jumper. he walked back to the kitchen, washing the dishes as he looked out the window and saw the garden across from his.

he lived with his friend hongjoong and the two of them never really did anything with the garden that they had. the apartments they had were quite large, having two floors and a garden. but somehow they had got them for a really cheap price.

their garden had a bbq and a table and chairs but that was it. it had a patch of grass too, but they had never really had it for any purpose.

looking at the garden across he was slightly understanding just how miserable their garden actually was.

the one opposite had more patches of grass with flowers and different plants growing in as well as fairy lights decorating the areas around. they too had a bbq with a nice outdoor table and chair, as well as a swinging chair. and as if the garden couldnt get any nicer, it did as they also seemed to have a hot tub in one corner. 

he really wished he knew who lived there so they could visit sometime, but he had never really seen the neighbours. he had seen a few guys there before, but they all looked to be older than he was so he wasnt really sure.

he had also noticed there was a rabbit hutch in one corner, with a run of grass specifically or them. he really wanted to know who lived there. 

he had finished washing the dishes and looked back out the window to see a familiar face stood beside the hutch for the rabbits, or bunnies as they actually were. he couldnt properly tell who it was, so he walked out into his own garden, not switching on the lights so he wouldn't be seen. 

he stood and watched the girl at the opposite apartment and her three bunnies. she seemed to be talking to them about something, but he couldnt really hear that well. he moved closer slightly so he could hear better, and watched her stroking the bunnies.

he felt his heart jump while watching the girl and her bunnies. he was slightly shocked by this, not knowing how to react, he just kept watching.

he sat and watched the girl for another ten minutes or so before the door to her garden opened and one of the guys he had usually seen in the garden coming out to her.

"hwayoung you know you have homework to do, right?" he could sense the girl rolling her eyes from where he was sat. she stood up and walked over to him, showing how much shorter than him she was.

"dongmin, you know that there are two more days to do it, right?" she smirked back. the guy, who seonghwa now knew as dongmin, smacked her arm and pointed at her in a matter of fact way before saying "don't get cocky with me."

hwayoung giggled, seonghwa felt his heart jump slightly again. "dOn'T gET cOcKY wiTH mE" she mocked, before running inside and away from her brother. "yah, lee hwayoung!" he shouted before running inside after her and shutting the door.

seonghwa just sat there, thinking. he lay back and looked up and the stars above him thinking about what he just saw. so the girl across from him was the one the girls always seemed to bully? and the other guy was her brother? which means that if he wants to see the bunnies and the garden he would have to be her friend, right?

he lay thinking for a short while longer, then her heard hongjoong having came home from the party. he walked back in to find him with their other friends. hongjoong, mingi and san seemed the only sober ones at the minute, yeosang not being far behind. the other three were pretty drunk.

"thanks for leaving us." he said sarcastically. 

"you're welcome!" seonghwa replied cheerfully before running off to his room upstairs so he could avoid his drunken friends.

~~~

a/n: having a mental breakdown lol

if you guys want these chapters longer please say!

hope you enjoyed, have a nice day!