The Helheim Raven

[ A small promo for a book on 1-800-Oakenshield ]
~~~
You never realize the terror and fear you strike into one's soul until you're on the other end of the gun.

The metaphorical gun of course. Firearms are not your typical choice of weapon, since melee weaponry seems more serviceable when in battle.

The ability of wielding such a powerful object can be a bit overwhelming at first. The potential to take a life with the flick of your wrist; one would come to believe it would terrify the beholder. That may be true, but what follows is exhilarating.

Your hand tightly grasped the scythe that once lay on the jagged-edged throne before you. In it you felt unlimited power. You saw it's past. You felt the pain of the souls in which it had taken. You saw fire and bloodshed. And at the end of it all, you saw him.

Thor.

You saw him standing at the end of a long walkway covered in the bodies of the people you'd grown to love. You saw his look of horror as he gazed upon the corpses of the ones he had sworn to protect and the bones of the society he had once built.

You advanced menacingly toward him, gripping your scythe tightly. The prince's terror-stricken eyes soon fell on you as you sauntered over. And in all of the death, with the stench of blood plaguing the air... you smiled.

In one swift motion, crimson began to spread on Thor's chest. Just like that. It was simple. One millisecond and the prince's reign was over. And so was his life. His eyes flashed with visions of grand halls and golden fountains before he sank to the ground in pain. It was his time to join the rest of his family. In Valhalla.

"I forgive you." His shaky voice filled the air, a soft smile spread across his blood-stained lips.

"Forgive me?" You hissed. "We're way past forgiveness, dear." Thor's face scrunched up on agony, feeling the venom drip from every word that escaped your mouth.

"I know." He trembled. "But just one more thing... before I go."

"And what is that, doll?" You sneered.

"I love you." And with that, the light faded from his eyes as he dropped limp to the floor. You stand, awe-stricken. Love? You don't need his love...

Tears begin to pool in your eyes, regret filling your soul. You can't help but let out a strangled cry;

"WAIT!"

•••

You scream and dropped the scythe. Those visions... they couldn't be real. They can't be real!

Right?