chapter 2: sticky sweet situation

july 4, 2017
I puked in the trash can of my cart.

It was nothing but a rewind and play in my mind and it wouldn't stop. Every room I cleaned I was going slow, every guest I had to greet I stuttered and had sweaty hands. I didn't know what to do, yet I knew I couldn't tell anyone.

I know how this kind of operation works, hence my uncle, but I never witnessed a killing before. I was always out of the house.

Now, I'm in trouble holding this secret. Calming myself down, I got myself together before I headed to the lobby. I didn't want to seem out of place or odd because maybe that would be a dead giveaway. Or maybe I'm blatantly losing my own freaking mind!

Licking my dry lips, I walked out the elevator and went to the front desk. I scanned my card so that I could go into the closet to put my cleaning supplies away for my break.

"Eun- jae! Eun-jae! Over here!"

People with flashing cameras were taking pictures of this, don't mean to sound rude, Asian guy as he talked to some reporters. I leaned on the front desk as I asked Marion what this was about. I didn't know we were having a celebrity at the hotel this week.

"He's a famous Korean artist and is here on tour." Marion informed me as he typed into the computer.

I examined the crowd as they proceeded to throw questions at him, "And his name?"

"Eun-jae Ahn. A singer, rapper, actor... His concert is going to be held somewhere in the city or Manhattan. I can't remember. "

"That's cool, but can I clock out for my break now? I'm really hungry." I inquired poking the arm of his suit.

He rolled his eyes and gave me a silly grin, "Okay, Sugar. Just make sure you start eating breakfast because you only get 2 breaks on your shifts."

"I know, but I just barely have the time." I said as I punched in my numbers on the screen.

"Mhm, probably spending that time doing God knows what."

"Yup and only God will continue to know. See you in an hour, Marion." I nudged him and turned around again to the filled up lobby.

Girls were screaming and flashes were everywhere. I even spotted those two goons from earlier and the fear came right back in me. I looked for ways to get through, but there wasn't one. Deciding to go around, someone pushed me on the tiled ground causing me to land abruptly on my arm.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" A lady apologized, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I mumbled knowing my day wasn't going to get any better.

My eyes adverted over to a fair skinned hand reaching out for me. I grabbed it thinking it was the lady's and she helped me pull myself up.

"Thank you." I said to her whilst dusting off my uniform.

"You're welcome."

I paused. That is not a lady.

I looked up to see the artist that everyone is fawning over. My throat instantly became dry as I stupidly made eye contact with him. Goodness, he is as fine as wine.

"Are you... okay?" He questioned. I looked over at my surroundings and people were talking, taking pictures, and still yelling at the top of their lungs.

Scratching the back of my ear, I nodded, "Yes."

"Good."

His head gestured for those two men as well as others to follow him. My assumption tells me that those men do something for him and I don't want to think about what it is. This Eun-jae probably isn't just some famous artist in the entertainment world, but somewhere else as well.