Chapter 2: Training

The court is laughing out loud, the royal guards are all smirking and my parents look almost disgusted.

"Is this a ridicolous joke?" asks my mother, frowning.
I can't understand what's so funny about what I just said, I have just proposed a clever idea, what's so wrong about it? Asking for an explanation is the only thing I can do now but words can't escape my mouth. Am I trembling? Am I feeling humiliated AGAIN?
"Princess Y/N, my only daughter, you know we only take care of SERIOUS problems. You may or may not understand, but at least try to know your place." says my father firmly, looks like they won't even try to understand what I'm trying to do.
I don't know how to reply, silence is filling the room. My parents, the royal guards and the court are just staring at me with a look that could destroy the toughest of diamonds.

"How is this "not serious"? Just because you don't work in the fields and don't live with a coin a day it doesn't mean these aren't SERIOUS problems!" I break the silence, screaming. What am I doing!?
"Go to your room, immediately, and think about what you've done. You won't be able to come out for three days. Consider this a punishment for your insolence." says my dad, while looking extremely angry.

There it is, again. The court is laughing at me and everyone is looking at me in disgust.
Nobody here appreciates my efforts to help the poorer and the weaker.
But I don't care, they don't know the power I have in me.

My room, my dear room, here I am.
Yeah, they think I'm gonna stay here for three days, but they don't know that this was my plan all along.
They don't know how hard I've been training, I knew there were possibilities they would reject my idea, the one I've been thinking on for so long... but what they couldn't expect is that I have a Plan B that has been going on for as long as that brilliant idea.
All of my efforts will finally see the light of day: my journey can finally begin.

.*.*3RD PERSON POV*.*.

And so, Y/N started her new big adventure full of risk.
During those three days, she got to know the commoners better.
Yeah, she decided to finally escape from her castle and put into practice all of the training she had done: she had been training to be a knight for what seemed like eons, she put all of her efforts into it, always thinking that, one day, she would've become as worthy as the Knights of the Round Table who she ammired so much.
The situation in the poorest parts of Annoctatio and Avalon was even worse than what she thought: there were people who couldn't eat for days, who were as thin as a branch, people who were ill and couldn't afford to be cured, children who were born deformed and couldn't even play as every child did... but what was worse is that, in those three days, she got to meet the Jackall League.
They were many, and their League kept growing as the desire for money of the lowlives grewth.
Y/N knew that if Annoctatio's king and queen helped people consistently they wouldn't need to join that cursed League, King Arthur alone wasn't able to stop all of them and his bravest knights, i.e. Perceval, Gawain and Lancelot weren't enough to kill the whole League that kept expanding.

Y/N didn't only meet the Jackall League, she even got to fight them.
Normally you would think that someone who had just trained and never fought would've had no chance to win against the most fearsome League of Annoctatio and Avalon, but she didn't think twice before slashing through a group that was threatening a family of commoners.
Furthermore, she had a duel with one of the members because he was about to steal weapons from the local blacksmith: the people who were there didn't even try to stop the thief, but Y/N came out of nowhere, challenged him and won. 
She looked extremely strong to those poor people eyes... in just three days she got a little cult of people adoring her because of her brave deeds.

Soon, the voices of a new powerful knight reached King Arthur's and your parents' courts.

.*.*KING ARTHUR'S POV*.*.
This morning I was sitting on my throne, talking to my wife Guinevere about laws, when suddently Perceval, Gawain and Lancelot entered the room, saying there was important news.
They know they shouldn't interrupt me like that... 
I'm gonna listen to them now since I've been rude to them earlier. They know me well: I'm easy going and everything but I have a short temper, heh.
"You can enter." 
Here they are, my favourite knights. I'm lucky they're always on my side. 
"My king, we heard that a new powerful knight is on the scene." says Perceval, bowing.
"Some of the commoners say that this mysterious figure appeared three days ago." says Gawain, bowing too.
"They say this new knight was able to fight some members of the Jackall League all by herself. The commoners describe her as worthy, extremely powerful, agile and brave." says Lancelot, my strongest knight, bowing.
This sounds like great news! I guess. Well, a new knight is here to help us, but we don't know much about this new figure, if this is all the information we have we'll have to wait 'till she appears again.
"First of all, thank you for collecting this news. I think that we're gonna need this new knight, so let's just wait 'till she shows up again. But please remember that those are just voices, we're not even sure this figure exists. You can go now."

"Can we really trust the hoi polloi?" asks my wife, while looking at me.
"Look, I said that we're not sure yet but I trust my knights. They probably have reliable sources."
"Hmpf. Well we all know that Lancelot is clever but he might be wrong this time."
"We can only wait 'till this new knight shows up again. If she doesn't, then the commoners might just have invented a story, but as I just said, I trust my knights, especially those three."

.*.*3RD PERSON POV*.*
After three days full of action, it was back to being a princess for Y/N.
The jesters started singing about this new knight that had just appeared and the court seemed amused by their stories: but no one believed this new figure existed. 

"Pretty sure this is just a new stupid legend by those commoners." 
This is what Y/N could hear coming from the throne room.

A/N heyoo hope you enjoyed this chapter! This was fun to write and I THINk this turned out pretty well ^o^ 
see ya next timeeeeee with more exciting adventureeees òwò