Chapter 3: She's protecting us

Y/N's princess life sure is boring. It only consists in meetings with other countries' rulers and etiquette lessons.
Lately, the court has been very interested in stories that talk about the new knight on the scene, and Y/N sure is curious about what everyone's got to say. Sure, some jesters really exaggerate stories, but the core idea of a new legendary knight who seems extremely strong and brave could intrigue anyone.
Y/N is absolutely happy about all this talking about her, and sometimes she can't contain her excitement, that's why her parents have been sending her to many more etiquette lessons... she doesn't really care about her behaviour anymore anyway, since everytime she'll be closed in her room as a punishment, she'll be able to help her people and fight for justice again.

Days go by, and Y/N's fame grows as she helps those in need anytime she has some spare time.
She doesn't care that much about her reputation, since nobody knows she's that knight, but she's absolutely happy when little children thank her for a piece of bread, or when the local blacksmith and other shopkeepers thank her with a big smile whenever she fights against thieves. 
The jesters only talk about that powerful knight, and the court is starting to think that she might be real somehow, but most nobles still laugh whenever they hear about her.
For example, Y/N's parents don't even want to listen about these stories because they think that the commoners just like to make up legends to distract themselves from real problems. But little do they know that that knight helped them with those problems...

.*.*.Y/N'S POV.*.*.
*Knock knock* "Miss Y/N?"
Oh no, I was just getting prepared to go outside, bummer.
"Yeah...?"
"The King and the Queen would like you to go to the throne room to discuss a very important matter."
"Sure, I'll be ready in a few minutes. Thank you for advising me."
What could it be? They haven't asked me to go there in a while, lately I just do nothing all day long other than attending those boring etiquette classes: I had to attend them since I was really young, why do I still have to 'learn how to behave'? 
I'd better wear the best dress I have. Yeah, I know that my servants should dress me up, but I honestly can't stand these poor girls having to dress me up everytime, I'm not a child anymore and I think that they already have enough work to do.
Dress: on. Posture: perfect. Already bored: yes.
Let's go...

Here I...
I can't believe who's before my eyes. How could it be!? Why are they here!?
"Y/N, my daughter, you can sit. What's with that face? Are you unwell?" my father seems more caring then usual, what is his plan this time? 
"I-I'm completely fine. Totally fine. Thanks father." No I'm not. I'm shaking, this can't be real.
"I think you might already know who these are, but I'll repeat their names for you. The one on the right is Perceval: she's an agile and fast knight who can control fire. The one on the left is Gawain: he has an incredible physical strengh. The one in the centre is the strongest of all King Arthur's knights, Lancelot: he can control extremely powerful chaos powers."
My lord. I sure know who they are and I'm so moved I might even start crying, now I really want to know why they're all here... I'd like to bow in front of them and tell them how much I admire them but it probably wouldn't be suitable for a princess to do so.
"They're here because me and your mother would like you to have a Royal Guard. You need one because of the increasing attacks of low-lives that have been affecting our reign and we think it would benefit your well-being since you've lamented loneliness more than once."
Oh. I would be more than honored to have one of them as my Royal Guard, it would be extraordinary, but... it wouldn't feel right. They belong to the order of the Knights of the Round Table and they have better things to do than stand here and do literally nothing of use.
"Father. Knights of the Round Table. I am extremely honoured by your offer but I will have to refuse it."
"Daughter! Why would you refuse such a fantastic offer?"
"I know how valiant these knights are, and I have to admit I'm sure they have more important tasks to complete than staying with me. Furthermore, someone, out there, is already protecting me..."
"I see..."
My dad sure seems disappointed, and my mom seems a little bit angry, but those three almost seem like they're proud of me. I can't help but smile at them. I just admire them too much, and I know that their job is very important for our commoners' well being.
"Go to your room."
Sure, dad. I don't mind. 
I'll see you around, Perceval, Gawain, Lancelot...

.*.*.NOBODY'S POV.*.*.
While leaving the room, Y/N gives a big smile to the knights, blushing.
They know who she was talking about, and they feel relieved that someone who's part of the nobilty actually believes in the legendary knight's story.
While leaving the palace, the three knights start thinking about the knight all the commoners can't stop talking about.

.*.*.PERCEVAL'S POV.*.*.
Such a clever princess will make a good queen: finally we've found a member of the court who won't shame the commoners for believing in the knight that's been helping them for quite a while.
That knight's nobilty of heart can't even be compared to ours. We don't know where she came from, and she won't make a fuss about her strengh and her abilities. No commoner has described her as vain or anything like that; I'm glad we can count on someone else's help.

.*.*.GAWAIN'S POV.*.*.
We don't even know for sure that that knight exists, but I believe our commoners. Everyone is so excited that someone nobody knows has shown up to help those in need. 
They say she won't talk much, they say she's a simple person; just someone who wants to do what's right. In any case, I hope that she'll help us for as long as possible, our commoners have never been this happy and, since the Jackall League's attacks won't stop coming, it's nice to know we have someone else on our side.

.*.*.LANCELOT'S POV.*.*.
That princess' smile was as genuine as her heroine's actions.
I would've gladly become her Royal Guard: someone who can recognize such honor should be treated with infinite respect.
I am sure that knight exists, my commoners would never lie about something so important. They have finally found someone new who will stay by their side not because it's their job, not because they're forced to, not because they gain something out of it, but just because they know what's right. 
I hope I'll meet her someday, just to thank her for all the good she's done...

A/N: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH i wanted to start 2020 in the best way possible so i decided i should finally go back to writing my book!!! ^w^ ^o^
I had stopped for literally no reason and didn't have much time to come back ;-;
I'm gonna update this as fast as possible from now on owo hope you enjoyed this chapter <3 <3