Nocturne : Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough - Jake Zyrus

You've shown me what love can feel like, but sometimes,
it's just not enough.

HER

Chatter and the aroma of coffee beans engulfs her as she sinks further down the sofa. She runs her hands through her hair, lowkey wanting to pull them out. Stress has been building up for her. It didn't help that she's been running on 3 hours of sleep for the past 3 days. Well who said it's good to cram again?

She turns her focus back onto her computer, squinting her eyes at the screen, with hands on the keyboard, ready to type.

"and his hands graze my cheeks..... AND THEN? THEN WHAT?"

Think Ta. Think. You have 5 hours left to submit your storyboard or else your publisher will go nuts!

What's a good plot line?

Maybe I should use it. I have no choice.

"and his hands graze my cheeks, wiping the tear off the side of my droopy eyes, he then kisses my forehead and says,

You have always been more than enough for me. You were actually too much. But not that I would complain. You see, this thing between us, it's not working anymore. Some people think that it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go. You know, I loved you so so much. You were the girl I thought I envisioned seeing down the aisle. But when I lifted the veil, it was blank. Just hollow darkness. That's what happened to us. We tried, but we couldn't get past the odds. I love you Ta, I really really do.
But i've lost myself when I put my attention solely on you. I don't see the real Ken Steven Chan anymore. I only see the Ken Steven Chan in your eyes, not mine. That's why I can't stay as a lover, but I will stay, as a friend.

My hands acted on their own, and the next thing I knew, I found my hands in contact with his cheek. I wiped my tears away.

You are a strong, newly independent woman now. You can do this.

"Now love is over, an end to all, an end. I cannot, having been your lover, stoop to become your friend! Are you dumb? Or are you purposely rubbing salt on my wounds? How insensitive can you be Ken?"

*gasps*

I whip my head to see a female figure next to me.

"Miss, go on with your story. You've been reading it aloud! What happened with Ken?"

"What? What is this? A reading club?"

Two other women sit on the chairs next to her and say,

"Go on! You can't leave us on a cliffhanger."

"Well, I mean since this will boost my productivity, it's good to have an audience."

The man in the suit behind her turns his chair around, with pique interest and exclaims,

"So? What now?"

"It won't be interesting if we start with the sad parts right? We have to go through the other stages too. So i'll start you off with the good parts of it. The happy times."

"You see, I met him in this same, exact cafe, here at Cappuccino Ba Ko Sa Puso Mo, I still don't get the name of this cafe.
I was walking, trying to find my way home, when I saw this cafe. It was 2:15 am to be exact. I was cold and tired, with a deadline the next morning. So I came in and got myself a coffee. Since the ambience here was quite nice, I decided to lounge for a while. After 5 mins, I opened my laptop, and got to typing.
Exactly at 2:22am, my eyes wondered around and met the stern gaze of a young, moreno chinito. He looked sweet as honey, with eyes kinder than most people, beautiful cheekbones and teeth brighter than the lights.