Two Halves of One Golden Heart (Sunkat Wedding): Part 2

Meerkat frowned when Deathbringer stopped yet again at another stand.

"Whoah! I've never seen these kind of blades before. Nice sharp edges and small enough to hide in my ear... how much?"

Clay and Riptide face-taloned while Meerkat counted to ten to steady his patience.

Deathbringer was like a little dragonet sometimes, which was understandable on why the RainWing queen complained about him often.

"Aren't we supposed to be looking for Meerkat's ceremony outfit instead of... what did he say? Blades!" Starflight exclaimed with an annoyed expression.

Deathbringer slightly tilted his head to their direction but never took his eyes off the gleaming weapons.

"Hey buddy, would you prefer if I sliced your stomach open and let the guts spill, or decapitated you with a dull sword," the ex-assassin casually asked.

Starflight shivered at the murderous thoughts and lowered his posture to one that mimicked a wolf in submission.

"That's why I said, let's keep looking at blades," the Jade Mountain librarian awkwardly laughed.

Meerkat sighed and grabbed Deathbringer's wing, dragging him away from his shiny blades.

"Hey! I was just gonna pay for them! I could slice your neck right now..."

The growl in the bodyguard's voice was the complete opposite of quiet.

"I'm not scared of you, and I certainly do not want to show up at my wedding with just a band on my tail. We can go back to the blades on the way back," Meerkat said and walked next to Clay.

The ex-assassin glared at him but just mumbled and took his place next to Riptide.

"Nice one. All that Deathbringer lives for is Glory and his assassin thinga-things," Clay chuckled.

Meerkat laughed and walked along the streets of Possibility's market area.

"I'm actually terrified of that dragon, but I can't fail Sunny on our special day."

Clay kindly smiled at him, "You really care about her."

It wasn't a question, it was a true statement.

"Of course I do, it would be impossible to not care about Sunny," Meerkat easily said with the well-known gleam in his eyes whenever he talked about the SandWing Princess.

The MudWing nodded and was about to say something else, but Riptide beat him to it.

"Bow ties!"

"What?"

The three of them stared at the sky blue SeaWing, (Starflight couldn't stare so he just faced his head in his direction) wondering what his mind was thinking.

"There's a stand with bow ties over there! We can get a really nice one for Meerkat and then some for us," Riptide suggested with a hopeful look.

Clay and Meerkat shared an amused look but nodded their heads.

"Bow ties? Please, only silly dragons wear bow ties," Deathbringer scoffed as if the mention of the simple accessory was a stab at his ego.

Twenty minutes later, Glory's bodyguard was admiring a dark purple bow tie made out of silk.

"Look at it! It makes me look ten times handsomer than what I used to be, and that's saying something," he gushed as he looked in the mirror with a puffed up chest.

"I'm not sure handsomer is even an actual word," Riptide cut in, awkwardly wearing his light pink bow tie.

"It actually is," Starflight said with a reluctant voice.