20.

<Y/N'S POV>

I woke up to the gentle caressing on my face. I sleepily opened my eyes to reveal a fluffy mochi staring at me. His hair was slightly ruffled, his face was puffy, his lips were fuller and his eyes were more puppy like. His morning appearance was just perfect. After drinking in his morning appearance, I proceeded to greet him a 'good morning'. He then engulfed me in his arms and peppered me with kisses on my neck which made me giggle. After that sudden attack, he snuggled his face into the nape of my neck and groggily whispered an 'I love you'. Feeling his breath fanning my neck while he said those words, my heart skipped a beat. However, I couldn't bring myself to say those words back to him.

"Can we just stay like this the whole day."

Jimin spoke, still snuggling me. His tone sounded more of a statement rather than a question.

"We can't. We have to meet with the Professor today."

My voice softer than usual, as if Jimin would disappear if I spoke any louder. He sighed and got up after giving me one last peck on my neck.

"I'm going to make breakfast. Go get ready."

He instructed and walked out the door. I unintentionally let out a sigh too and went to get ready.

AT PROFESSOR'S X OFFICE

"Okay so, I'm going to explain how this works very simply for you."

Professor X started off by explaining how his brilliant invention works.

"This enclosed room you see here is like a portal to the other universes."

He said pointing to a metal door with no handles, only a fingerprint pad accompanying it for access. The room has no windows, just a solid brick of wall preventing from anyone seeing what is inside the room.

"Have you heard of the Schrodinger's Cat mind experiment?"

Professor X suddenly shoots us a question. I was stunned at the words that was coming out of his mouth, so I looked over to Jimin to see if he was hearing the same thing as me. Instead of having the same reaction, I see Jimin furrowing his brows as if the words were familiar to him.

"Is it the cat in the box experiment?"

Jimin answered after a few minutes of recollection.

"Exactly."

The professor snaps his finger excitedly, happy that someone is following along.

"Well, this is just a bigger version of that box. Just like the cat experiment, you will go inside this enclosed room and inject this substance in your body."

He then takes out a syringe that contains a blue liquid in it.

"This substance is called the Antiwall. It is a drug that breaks down reality. In my theory, what you see may not always be true. I believe we are just a conscious mind without a body or anything physical, like a thought. So, in order to make sense of the universe, our conscious mind creates a wall, to allow us to touch, to feel and make sense of things around us. Because by feeling things, it is easier for us to know it's real. Therefore this drug breaks down that wall, enabling you to freely move from one universe to another."

The professor smiled proudly after explaining his science to us, assuming we understand everything that he said.

"Sorry I stopped listening after experiment. What do I have to do again?"

I asked after zoning out on his entire speech.

The professor went from smiling proudly to annoyed death stare.

"You go inside this room. You stab this in your vein. You go home."

He deadly panned out.

"Oh, that make sense."

I had a eureka moment once he dumbed down the instructions. He sighed and hand me the syringe. I looked down at the syringe in my hand then looked towards the door, hesitating on my decision. Amongst the inner war I'm having, a soothing voice shined through. A voice that makes me feel safe.

"It's going to be okay."

I turn around and see Jimin giving me a reassuring smile. His infamous smile that I adore dearly, only this time it did not reach his eyes. The moment I saw his glistening eyes, mine started to well. Without a second thought, I went in for a hug one last time.

The thought of never seeing him again made me balled my eyes out. It hurts so much knowing that this is our last embrace. Saying goodbye forever really sucked like hell.

I sobbed aggressively into his chest as he pats my back to calm me down. Once I'm somewhat calmed, hiccuping my sobs away, he pried me from himself and wiped away my tears. Even though he is smiling and telling me that everything is going to be okay, I see a trail down his cheeks that were left behind from his tears.

I smooth my thumbs over his cheeks as I struggle to find words to express what I'm feeling.

"I love you."

I blurted out through my sobs.

Jimin smiled as new tears traced over his cheeks.

"I love you too."

Jimin sobbed out. He kissed my hand that was cupping his face before releasing me. I turned around and inhaled sharply before walking through the door that the professor had already opened.

The moment the door closed shut, I dropped to the floor, too devastated to even stand. I weep out all the tears I have left and tried to get it together.

Once I convinced myself that I can do this, I then inject myself with the drug.

And before I knew it, my world turned black.