33

"Eventually you'll have to talk, you know that, right?" The raspy voice tells me

Reluctantly I turn to focus on Brooke, rolling my knowing eyes in the process.  It's not that I didn't want to speak to her, but she's made about as much effort with me, as I have with her, aka none.

"From what she told me, you were pretty out of line," she nudges her shoulder into mine. 

"I wasn't exactly in the best mood that night," I continue to hold that knowing look.

"We all made mistakes, so let's move on," she said whilst bouncing up from her bed and proceeds to fix herself in front of the mirror.

I slowly look over to the bed that was once mine; it's weird now, seeing it from a different perspective. Evidentially Lucas had no hesitations moving in and it seemed to be going all to well.

I'd be lying if there wasn't a pang of jealousy but none the less happy for my friends. Especially if they aren't sticking their tongues down one another's mouths in front of me, which is an added bonus.

"Okay, ready." She clips shut her little compact powder case. "Oh, I forgot to mention, seeing as it's girls night, everyone will be there, so behave."

"Meaning?"

"Haley."

"Right, great." I folded my arms and swiftly move from the bed. The night was always destined to be interesting - this news now being the icing on the cake.

"It'll be fun, don't worry. Let's use a code word to shout if you need me to come help." She grabs hold of her clutch and tucks it under one arm, the other looping through with my arm.  "How about, whore?"

I frown at the suggestion. "Given what we all said, not sure that'll go down well."

"Mhm, very true. How about you just shout out bro?"

"Bro?" I deadpanned. "Of all the choices.  Bro."

"Yeh, what's up?" she said being pleased with herself.  She's too cheery for her own good.  "It's perfect."

"So if I call out bro, you're gonna come barreling over to my aid?"

"If I'm not already busy, then yes. Bro."

"I don't know how you talk me into these things, honestly."

"Because, I'm the best friend you'll ever have."

Later.

We'd become another body count emerged within the dance floor.  The DJs blasting some old 90s tunes, which has the crowd going wild. Arms are flapping around in the air, slut dropping, twerking and all sorts of dirty moves that involve air humping one another.
I'm gonna need two showers and holy water after tonight.