Bad Day

Pippa's POV/2nd Person

You opened the dryer door and piled the fresh, hot clothes into the empty hamper, feeling a sense of accomplishment. It was always nice to have an empty laundry basket, but it never lasted long. You were planning on surprising your boyfriend, Lin, with a nice dinner in a couple hours. After folding the laundry, you'd get started on the cooking.

Unexpectedly, you heard the door open and slam. Next, keys skidding across the kitchen counter and shoes being kicked off. You looked at your watch in confusion, not expecting him home for another couple hours. The fridge opened and you heard him crack open a beer. From the sound of things, his day hadn't gone well.

You set the laundry basket down and wandered down the hallway, in your light gray yoga pants and tight-fitting white top.

"Lin?"

You found your boyfriend with his head down, his hands spread wide across the counter in a defeated position. You walked up to him hesitantly, telling he was upset. You gently rubbed your hand over his back, his head still hanging.

"What happened?"

"The show's gone to shit," he said, standing up and taking another swig of his beer. He set it down roughly on the counter. "The director and I keep butting heads. I don't like the direction it's going. I'm thinking of pulling out."

Lin had been working on a small production at a little theatre downtown. It wasn't anything that would make him a lot of money, but it was dear to his heart. Everything he worked on he put his heart and soul into.

"Well, you need to take care of you," you reminded him. "Have you talked to your agent?"

"I'm calling him tomorrow morning," he told you, shaking his head. "I can't believe I got myself into this."

You gently put your hand on his shoulder and turned him towards you. "Lin. You cannot beat yourself up about this. Not every project is going to be gold. Sometimes you miss."

You rubbed your hands over his biceps, which were becoming better formed lately. He'd started running and doing some light weight-lifting lately.

"Yeah," he agreed quietly. "I just go personally invested sometimes. I hate to see something fail."

You nodded, knowing how he took any failure personally. You snaked your arms around his neck as you looked into his disappointed face. He offered a small smile as he looked at you for the first time.

"Sorry," he apologized, letting a hand run over your upper arm. "I didn't mean to unload on you. Did you have a good day?"

"I did," you told him. "But let's focus on you right now."

You closed your eyes and leaned in to connect your lips with his. He responded slowly at first, obviously still frustrated by his day. You exchanged slow, lazy kisses for a minute, hoping it would calm him down a bit. After a minute, he pulled away and sighed.

"I'm sorry," he told you, running his hands through his hair. "I just can't get this out of my head."

You bit your lip, nodding. "Well, let me see if I can do something else to take your mind off it."

His face froze momentarily, realizing what you were implying. Your fingers went to his belt and you began unbuckling it, the metal clinking in the otherwise silent apartment. After unbuckling it, you fumbled with the button on his jeans and pulled down the zipper. He watched you, lips slightly parted, as you pushed his jeans over his hips, revealing his gray boxer briefs beneath. You smiled at him as you lowered down to your knees.