ANNOUNCEMENT!!! (for tumblr readers)

Author note: If you're not here from Tumblr or you've read this before, go ahead and ignore this.

When I first came up with the idea for this book, I knew it wasn't gonna be just a fanfiction to me. My Girl is written from my very personal perspective on love, life, and relationships, and of course, it holds a very special place in my heart. I've put a lot of emotional effort into the process of planning and writing this series. So I feel like it's only fair if I let you guys see the whole picture of the world I've created and fallen in love with. I've decided to turn the Wattpad version of the book into the OC version by changing Y/N into my original character named Thea Emerson.

HERE'S WHY:

Thea's appearance, especially her eyes, is one of the most important detail in the story (Harry called her Bambi because of her sad big brown eyes). She grows up reading books about female characters with blue eyes and blonde hair, thinking having brown eyes and black hair is boring and plain. So all her life she's been dreaming about a day when someone finally falls in love with those "boring" features, but she doesn't know Harry has loved them ever since the start. The color brown of her eyes represents the bark of the tree, and Harry's green represents the leaves, that's why I picked the treehouse as an important symbol in their love story. Isaac, on the other hand, has eyes so blue that made Thea think about a cloudless sky when she first saw him. Blue represents hope. That is why Isaac always shows up in her life when she's in trouble.

I hope now you understand why I've decided to not just keep this version to only myself and have to publish it here. I want my readers to be able to see those small details too because they actually contribute a lot to the main plot line.

But if you feel uncomfortable with this version, just know the self-insert version is still available on Tumblr.

Thank you for your support.

Love,
Allie 💝