falling for him

Wills POV

It's been just a couple of weeks since it happend. They burned the monster out of me. Nothing has happend since so I'm pretty happy. I remember the days in the hospital. Mom was there. Bob was there.. He died though.. Hopper showed up sometimes. Then, there was Mike. He was there all the time. He was the only one from the party that was there. He could have helped the others but he stayed with me.

My chest starts to feel funny. But. I'm not gay. Right?

"Huh?" Mike looks up from his walkie talkie. Did I say that out loud? Shit.

"Oh. Uh nothing." I feel panicky so I start fidgeting with my hands.

"Mm ok" he looks back down to his walkie talkie to continue his conversation with the rest of the party.

We were hanging out in his basement since my mom let me sleepover his house. I was sitting across from him in his fort thing that he built for el. It felt weird considering that the area was just for him and el, but he said I could join him. I had some paper so I could draw. But I didnt know exactly what to draw.

Yawn

I yawn quietly, but not quietly enough for Mike to not notice. He stares at me, when I finish yawning I stare back. He furrows his eyebrows and smiles at me. He is so cute. Wait what!? I. Didn't mean that. Well I did but. I. I'm not gay. I'm not. Right?

"Your tired already will?" He smiles while he says that.

"Wh- what!? N- no." I try my best to lie. But he just ends up laughing.

"You were never that really good of a liar. Or a secret keeper." He seems way to comfident about this so I say something without thinking.

"Hey! I have a lot of secrets that you don't know about." He looks at me. He looks kind of surprised.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" That sentance makes me think. What secrets do I have? Well I.. I might.. I. I think about my feelings for him. I feel myself start blushing and I look away. He sees right through that.

"You. You have a crush don't you?" He looks at me while tilting his head. I shoot my head towards him as fast as I can. I don't answer though.
I just look at him.

"You do! Oh my god! Why didnt you tell me will?!" He seems so excited. I can't lie now so I tell him the truth.

"Well. I just started to find out I had feelings for hi-" I don't finish my sentance when I see his face after I'm halfway through the word him. He looks shocked.

"Y- you like a Boy?" I feel my stomach twist. What if he doesnt like gay people. Wh what if he's like Lonnie? I feel tears coming. I stand up and turn around.

"I. I think I should go to sleep now.." You could tell in my voice I was about to cry. What if he hates me for being a freak?

"Wait! Will!" I walk away to the guest room that they let me use. I walk in and make sure to close the door behind me. After I make sure the door is closed I walk to the bed and collapse on it. I start sobbing loudly.

I hate myself

I'm a freak

I'm a disappointment...

To be continued..

This chapter is really short but all the other chapters will be way longer. I just wanted to get this one out.

So I hope you guys liked it ❤ 🍪