no broken bones

MIKE'S POV

It's been some pretty normal months since what happend to Will. I'm glad he stopped suffering. I couldn't take his suffering. He deserves better. He should be with me. No! He shouldn't.. We are just friends! I cant keep doing this.. Not with him. He doesn't feel the same anyway.. He probably likes some other boy..

I walk to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Mom didn't make anything so I decided to make a bowl of cereal before leaving. I quikly ate the bowl of cereal and headed to my bike. I was excited to hear about everyone's weekend. Considering the only one I hung out with was will. I wasn't ungrateful. No. I was pretty happy that I was able to spend time with him. I love spending time with him. I love seeing his face, hearing his laugh, (when he does that is) listening to his high pitched voice when he's excited about something. I love everything about him. I love how soft his lips look... Wait.. No, I just love him as a best friend thats all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I pick up my bike and start heading to school. As soon as I'm at the school I see the party. Except for will and eleven. Everyone else was there. They were probably coming late. I wasn't that worried. I walked towards the group and setup my bike on the racks.

"Hey guys" I say while finishing putting my bike on the rack.

"Hey Mike" all three of them at together. It was kind of scary. They all look at each other as if they thought of a plan or something.. Things were kind of off. Lucas was on one side of Dustin and Max was on the other side. Lucas would usually always try to be next to max no matter what. Mm if they don't want to share then it's not my concern. Eventually hoppers car drove up dropping el off at school. She walk towards. Mostly towards me though.

"Hey el!" I fully turn to face her and wave my arm to her. She lifts her hand halfway to slightly wave back. Her adorable smile leaves me staring. She finally reaches us after what felt like hours. She hugs me and pecks my cheek.

"Hi Mike. And hi Max and hi Dustin and hi Lucas." Her making sure to say 'hi' to everyone left us all laughing.

"Hey el" Max was the first to say hi back. Dustin second and lucas last. They all go in for a hug after each said hi. I look over to the side a bit with the corner of my eye.

Hey. Is that will?

I don't pay mind but then I  hear a scream that seemed to be cut off. It sounded so much like will. I look into the direction it was coming from. There was nothing suspicious over there, I looked for a reaction on the others faces. Nothing. Did they not hear that? Then out of nowhere the first bell rings. We all walk to class together. What concerns me is that. Will still wasn't there. Something was wrong. I can feel it. But I decided to ignore it to get to class.

Big mistake. Go back out there. He's in trouble. He's getting hurt.

I couldn't stop this feeling in my gut telling me that will wasn't okay. It was so strong that I couldn't even pay attention in class. I just heard indistinct murmuring. The only thing I could concentrate on is will and if he was okay. Suddenly I felt I sinking feeling in my stomach. As if something terrible happend. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to go check. So I raise my hand.

"Yes Mike? Do you have an answer?" I didn't even know he was asking a question.

"No.. Um.. Can I u- uh be e- excused?" I'm silently panicking. I hope he says yes.

"Yes. But be back soon. We have to review our test." I quickly get up and shuffle to the door. I mumble the words thank you and head outside the door. I make sure the door is closed before I start running. I dont know where. But I run, until I see none other than troy. He walks past me to get to his class. His smile.. I can tell he did something. He turns to me still walking towards his class.