talking about it

Mike POV

Will walks away. I could tell he was about to cry.

"Will! wait!" I call him but he doesnt answer. I know about his past with Lonnie and how he used to call him things like faggot. I dont want him to think that I feel that way. I dont care if he's gay. He is still my best friend and I love him. But, just in a friend way.. I.. Think.

Suddenly I hear intense sobbing. Is that will? He's hurt so bad right now. I run towards the door and start knocking. As soon as he hears the knock he tries his best to stop crying. But he can't. Instead he sobs out some words.

"C- come in" so I do so. I walk in to see that he is on the bed wiping his tears. His face is cherry red and he is still sobbing a little. I stand in the door way then close, the door behind me. I walk closer to him and look down. He's silently sobbing. I kneel down to his level. He hides his face away from me when I get to his level. I pull his hands away from his face so he could look at me.

"Will. It's okay. Please, don't cry" I reassure him that its okay.

"I am.. I'm gay..." He says that like he's dissapointed.. It hurts.

"Listen to me. I don't care if your gay. You could be gay, straight, you could like demogorgans for all I care. I would still be your friend. The people you love dont change who you are. I would still love you." He flinched at my words. I see tears still streaming down his face. His beautiful eyes, and rose shaded cheeks. Wait. What am I talking about. We have been friends for years. Am I really falling for him, especially at this time? Could it be, I'm falling in love with him. But. I'm with el.. It doesnt matter. My friend is crying, and I want to make him feel better. I pull him closer so I could hug him.

"So. You don't think I'm a freak?" What? Why would he say that?

"Of course I don't think your a freak will. You are my best friend. I wouldn't think your a freak even if you had tentacles." I hug him tight just so he know I'm genuine. I hear him mumble the words 'thank you' into my chest.. Damn his voice is cute. I want to stay like this forever. But he pulls away.

"I do think I should go to sleep though" he looks down at his hands. I'm holding them without even realizing.

"Oh. Right. I'll let you do that" I pull my hands away from his and stand up.

"Good night mike" he says before I close the door.

"Good night will" when the door is about one inch away from the door I hear will mumble something.

"Huh?" He looks startled when I ask what he said.

"Oh uh. It's Nothing" I know he's lying but I leave it so he could go to sleep. I leave and decide to go to sleep too. I can't wait to see him again tomorrow.

Will's POV

Mike stands up to go to his room. But before he close the door i tell him something.

"Good night Mike" he stops dead in his tracks and turns around.

"Good night will" he answers back and almost closes the door until I mumble the words 'i love you', he reopens the door and asks what I said.

"Oh uh, nothing" he stares at me for a second then walks away.. I'm glad he didnt hear that.

He can never know how I feel about him..

Next morning

I wake up to the smell of waffles. I'm awake but I keep my eyes shut and stay in the bed for a little bit, until Mike starts knocking on the door. I tell him he can come in, so he does.