01: Transferee

❝ do you only moisturize one hand?

___________

Meet me under the bleachers @4pm sharp.
Don't be late.

-Calum

I stared at the messy handwriting in confusion. What would Calum possibly want from me?

Me and Calum were mere acquaintances, sure I've seen him at parties and occasionally bumped into him but that was about it.

"Ahem." I glanced up to see Mrs. Smith glaring at me and finally noticing how
Everyone was looking at me.

"Yes?" I blurted.

"Can Mr. Hemmings sit next to you?"

I gawked at the two transferee students who were incredibly good looking especially the guy with red hair. "Of course." I said, expecting the red haired guy to walk over to me; but instead he sat next to Cole.

Diverting my gaze to the blonde haired dude, I groaned inwardly. Cole looked at me then the red haired guy, then he smirked. That bastard smirked. I knew he was going to keep teasing me about this and tell our other friends how I have a thing for the new boy.

"Hey, I'm Luke." The Blondie. I mean
Luke said, stretching out his arm.

"Tessa." I answered curtly.

There was an awkward silence between us. I'm so bad at meeting new people it actually hurts. I just sat there in silence, listening to Mrs. Smith's lecture; waiting for Luke to say something.

I hope he doesn't misunderstand my shyness for unfriendliness. He's actually quite nice, I'm just a piece of shit that can't communicate.

"Soo.. How did you get here?" Luke looked at me and smiled. "I just moved in here because my mom got a new job." He answered, and I couldn't help but to notice how he had a cute little Australian accent.

"Maybe I can tour you around? I can show you a lot of cool places and maybe even introduce you to my friends."

"I would love that!" Luke smiled.

So maybe this Luke guy isn't so bad after all. Me and him talked for the duration of the class and we didn't realize how time had passed by.

He was in the middle of telling me a joke, when I noticed how soft his right hand is compared to his left.

"Do you only moisturize one hand?"

As soon as those words left my mouth. I regretted it. Then he looked at me. It was at that moment that I knew, that he knew, that I knew. Way to mess up the mood Tessa.

Then the bell rang. And thank god, because the moment it did. I bolted straight for the door.