23| Sometimes Sh!t Hits The Fan.

I woke up with a gasp and sat upright. Wires, plastic tubes, and rods hung from the ceiling. The last thing I remembered was having sex with Teyana before I lost consciousness. I didn't need a reminder to know Bolt took over when I blacked out. The worry was, what had he done during that time?

And now I was... I didn't even know where I was.

It looked like some sort of spacecraft.

I stood; to my body's dismay. Everything hurt—my neck, back, hands, and legs. It was as if I had been in a major accident. And if that was the case, then it explained the surrounding destruction.

Touching my face, my fingers brushed against something warm and plastic. I took it off and realized it was a mask. The white lenses over the eyes and white stripes looked familiar. I just couldn't pinpoint where I had seen it before. I also had on black boots, short sleeve bodysuit, and black shorts.

Is today when they're going ahead with Phase 3?

I wore the mask and walked through the hole in the wall, a gust of wind blowing my face. The sun shined bright, forcing me to cover my face with my hands. Seven people—all dressed in costume—fought like human-sized kaijus a few hundred yards in front of me.

They formed two groups.

The first group had a woman dressed in a tight black costume with a white mask, cape, boots, and gloves. She was fighting two people in the air, besting them with ease.

The second group had two one-on-one fights: one in the air, and the other on the ground.

A peculiar in an all-red costume with fire ability was fighting another in a blue costume with ice abilities. It was a fight I had seen so many times. Ice and fire, a tale as old as time—two forces meant to oppose each other for eternity.

It was boring, if I was being honest.

The remaining two fighters were ground-based. They were large, too. The one on the right wore a red and black costume and a mask of the same color, while the other had an oval metallic mask on his head with three slits—one for the mouth and two for the eyes. His maroon costume had no sleeves, but white gloves covered his hands.

They traded stiff punches.

"Hey," someone said to my right. I turned and saw Caleb waving at me. I walked up to him and noticed he was holding a gold and black metal mask. It matched his costume.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Caleb's shoulders slouched. The light in his eyes vanished when he realized it was me. "Trey... we feared you'd awake after the crash."

"Where are we?"

"Acapuco. They shot us out of the sky." He turned towards the peculiar dressed all in black, taking on two enemies at once. "The Boss won't be happy about losing Bolt, especially when we're this close."

Boss? I looked at the woman Caleb was staring at. That must be Nuhaila. She held both opponents by the throat. They struggled against her grip, kicking and punching her, but failed to escape. The mouth part of Nuhaila's mask retracted, and she started speaking to them.

This was one of those moments I wished I had enhanced hearing.

When she finished talking, she kissed them on the forehead, one at a time, and then snapped their necks with one flick of the wrist. She let go of them and turned in our direction.

I watched as the two bodies thudded to the ground. When I turned back to Nuhaila, she was standing beside Caleb with her arms crossed on her chest.