Chapter 17

So far, Vein realized, the females hated him. First, it was Gory. Then it was Queen Magma. Then it was Marble. THEN it was Timestopper. And now it's Andesite.

The yellow-orange liquid sloshed into his eyes, and everything was a fiery orange. Speckles of yellow shown, and he felt magma rolling down his back. It almost instantly healed his back wound and gave him full power. He heard Blizzard yelp something, and he hoped Andesite didn't magma him, too.

The magma on his face uselessly rolled down, making his hearing and eyesight sharper. He could sight the tree that was far in a Sun Kingdom oasis. He could hear a CoralFin splashing in the water.

Vein swiped off the lava and pounced on Andesite, who widened her eyes in surprise. He smashed her to the ground, sending hundreds of tiny pellets of dust rolling out of the crash-area. She trashed, but he pinned her down farther into the stone. 

"Why, thank you for powering me up!" Vein said cheerfully as he grabbed Andesite's neck. Blizzard stared at him in horror, probably sure that he would snap her neck. But Vein knew he couldn't hurt her anyway, so he gave a hard scrape on her arm where there were no scales. Vein jumped off as the StoneWing shook herself with fury. Blizzard quickly muttered a spell, and the wound on Andesite's arm quickly closed up.

"Now, Andesite. If you help us, we promise you'll get back to your beloved kingdom."

Andesite still glared at Vein, as if he did a crime by actually talking nicely to her. He glared back, and to his surprise, she looked away. 

"I'm still not going to help," she scoffed.

Blizzard shuddered. "Right. StoneWings are stubborn, so I suppose that if she doesn't want to help, she's going to stick with it."

Andesite looked surprised. "Wow, TimeWings really are smart. But BloodWings . . ." Andesite shot a dirty look at Vein. Vein wanted to shred her, but then he talked himself out of it. Attacking would do no good.

"Please, Andesite?" Blizzard begged. "You have to help us or else Marble will destroy our kingdoms!"

To Vein's surprise, Andesite's expression softened. Vein thought at first Blizzard had done some magic, but Andesite still radiated hostility. "All right, fine. But I'm only doing it for the sake of my kingdom and your kingdom," she said, pointing a claw at Blizzard. Then she shot a look of fury at Vein. "But I don't care if the BloodWing Kindom is destroyed."

Vein threw a look at Blizzard like "why does she hate me?"

Blizzard replied with a shrug. Andesite watched him do it, then looked back at Vein. "What are you guys doing?" She asked.

"Nothing," Vein said before taking to the sky.