Chapter Three

I saw... nothing. I was staring at literally...nothing.

"911 what's your emergency"

I froze. I thought there was someone behind me. Who was behind me? Where were they? I was sure I saw a shadow!

Then, my phone was out of my hands. I saw him. The figure that caused the shadow from behind me, the boss, the mysterious guy I kept seeing. He squatted next to me holding my phone and hung up.

I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to do. What do I do? I don't know. I don't know. What are you supposed to do? Should I stay? Should I run? Run. I should run. If I run I have a better chance of survival.

And so, it was decided. Stand up and run.

Trembling I stood up and ran. The figure ran after me. The sand didn't help either. Fuck Fuck FUCK! What the fuck am I supposed to do! I'm dead. I'm done.

There was a sharp pain in my back. I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head. Just like that. I was caught. I wasn't passed out, just weak. I could hardly keep my eyes open. He picked me up and I could hardly move a limb.

I wanted a good look at the man. I knew that if I got a good look at him it would be easier to catch him if I escaped. What did he even want from me? Why would he kidnap me? These thoughts raced through my head as he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He felt so warm. By the time he picked me up, I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head. My upper body started to fall backwards. He almost dropped me but he has quick reflexes and held me back up.

My head was facing the sky, eyes barely open. I heard him mutter a few words including... Sorry? Did I hear that right? He drugs me and apologizes? Oh, yes I forgive you for trying to kidnap me mystery man.

"Go to sleep" he whispered soothingly.

No. I need to try and run away again. But my body. It won't let me. I felt my eyes shut, and just like that, I was out like a light in a dark windowless room.

It didn't feel like I had been out long but it also felt like I had slept for a long time. My eyes opened to a car with two people. One in the front, and the other in the back, with me.

I sat up and realized I was tied up. My mouth had a gag. My throat was sore and my head hurt. I turned my head and saw the guy again. I could tell I looked like a mess. He put his hand over my mouth. We were in a van; the windows were blackened so you couldn't see in. It seemed to already be night.

I didn't try to fight back; I was still tired. I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head again and I blacked out again. He held me though. What did he want from me? Did he want my body? It was too late to worry; I was already fast asleep.