I C A N W A I T - R U B Y

I've been in the waiting room waiting for anything from the doctors, ruby has been in there forever.

"Ruby! No, No! Ruby! Someone call 911!"

The voices kept replaying in my head, the party had ended terribly.

I felt someone tap me back in reality and it was Jamal, I gave him a weak smile.

"You doing okay?" asked Jamal sitting next to me. He was the only one who knew about my crush and even though he snitched on everything he never told anybody.

"I don't feel anything right now. I just miss him."

Jamal nodded and rubbed my back, "He's going to be fine."

"Can everyone stop telling me that?! No one is telling the real shit!" I said yelling, I saw people staring at me and sighed, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You need air, I'll call you if we get anything," said Jamal

I shook my head, "I don't want to."

"No, you need to, like now," said Jamal pointing to the exit.

I walked out towards the exit and went to the stairs, it seemed lonely so I grabbed a blunt I had made in my purse. I smoked letting my emotions go away.

Ruby finally got better, I tried hanging out with him more but I couldn't bring myself to see him heartbroken from Olivia's death. I never hated her because I knew she brought him happiness.

I sat next to him during lunch, not talking.

"(y/n) you're quite. Why?" asked Monse

"Oh, nothing." I got up and walked towards the library.

My smoking habits have been off the roof; the stress is hard on me.

"You shouldn't smoke a lot," said Ruby from behind me.

I gave him a small smile, "I guess."

"I want to talk. You've been ignoring me since I got shot. I don't know what I did." said Ruby

I teared up, "I like you ruby. I don't want to lose you all over again."

"You never did. I'm still trying to make myself me again, it's hard," said Ruby giving me sad eyes.

I grabbed his hand, "Ruben, I can wait. I like you a lot."