without you - ruby

I screamed as I saw Ruby hit the floor, he was gasping for air. Everybody started screaming.

"Someone call nine-one-one! Do it now! Please help him!"

Mrs. Martinez was crying next to me, she was the only one who knew me and Ruby was dating. I couldn't lose him after just getting together.

(Hours after the accident, location: hospital)

My eyes were swollen after all the constant crying, he was in surgery right now. We didn't know if he was going to make it or not. I kept praying in silence, hoping if there was a God to save my baby.

Monse sat next to me, she had been crying as well, "How're you holding up?"

I let out a laugh, "How do you think? How's Cesar? Where do he go?"

Even if it was or wasn't Cesar's fault he was like a brother towards me and I still cared for his safety.

Monse shifted in her seat, "Uh he went to go see Oscar. But other than that I don't know what's going to happen."

I nodded, "Thank you for being here for him and me. I love you, Mons."

She rubbed my arm, "You know I'm always here for everything."

(Time Skip to New Year's, Location: Ruby's house)

I sat on the sofa with Ruby, we were holding hands.

"Babe, do you want anything to eat?"

"You have to stop worrying about me (y/n). I'm fine really," said Ruby squeezing my hand.

"Okay, fine." I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

"Guys! One minute!" screamed Jasmine

We stood up and while we were counting down, Ruby decided to give a speech. I teared up, I almost lost him.

He got down and grabbed my hand, the gunshots started going off, our families were yelling in excitement. I noticed Ruby was breathing quicker and he was sweating. He was having a panic attack.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside, maybe fresh air would help him.

"Ruby, breath in slowly, it's okay. I'm here baby. It's okay."

Ruby laid his head on my shoulder, his breathing got better. He let out a sob, "Why did this have to happen to me and her?"

I always knew Ruby had a thing for Olivia but after he started liking me and Olivia started dating another boy.

I didn't mind him missing her, she was my friend too. We all missed her a lot. We walked towards a memorial people set up for her at their fence. She was so beautiful.

"It's okay to miss her Ruby. I miss her too. I know you liked her and it's fine."

Ruby cleared his throat, "It's disrespectful to you."

I shook my head, "Ruby, stop. You knew each other before you met me. She was your crush and I would feel the same if someone I cared about passed away."

Ruby just nodded and hugged me tightly, I loved his smell. I'm glad he survived. I don't know what I would've done without him here.