Chapter 33- Black Magic

Chapter 33 – Black Magic

Nikola Orsini's POV

I have never felt so happy in my whole life. I finally felt complete and it was all thanks to this little human that is currently in my arms. She was talking with Chris. Although I am quite bothered with their close relationship, I trust Ivory that she will not betray my trust.

I didn't want to intrude with their conversation so I played out what happened last night. Last night, everything was perfect. She was perfect. I could just picture out her panting, under me, calling my name-

A shrill scream echoes and my wolf was on high alert thinking that his mate is in danger.

The warmth I felt was suddenly gone and out of instinct I turn to who ever dares take my mate away from me and ready myself to lunge at said person but suddenly stop to see one of my pack member, Cassie Adams, hugging the life out of my mate.

By the look of it Cassie knows what transpired last night between us and I smirk at the thought of it, soon everyone will know that she was mine.

"Alpha, Canter's men ambushed the pack house. We are on our way there." Zachiere's panicked voice enters my head.

"What the fuck happened, where were the guards?" I growl out. I could feel my wolf stir. He was getting agitated. Being an Alpha we have this hatred towards being defeated. We have a pride as big as the sun.

"We got a message that there were rogues along the borders and not just one but a two dozen. We didn't want to risk anything so we brought the best fighters with us." Zachiere replies, his voice calm and collected now. This was the reason why I chose him to be my Beta. He can calm himself down when needed. "We don't how or what happened but the second we arrived not a single soul was there." He growls out in shame.

How the hell did this happen? Who could have lied to the Beta? Is that person asking for death? "Who the fuck told you about the rogues nearing our borders? I know your not stupid enough to follow instructions from a nobody."

"That's the thing, everyone could not remember who told us or where the information came from." He sounds confused and embarrass.

"I'll be there in a few minutes. Gather everyone who was with you." Cutting the link I look at Ivory and she was looking at me with worry in her eyes. I wanted to comfort her but my pack needs me. Me and my wolf were conflicted, comfort mate or go to the pack.

"Ivory I have to go. Someone attacked our pack house." I mind link her. I could see her face paling and a frown appearing on her beautiful face.

I wanted to take her in my arms and kiss the fuck out of her. But I couldn't because I could feel my pack's emotion right now.

Scared.

Angry.

Worried.

So many emotions were pouring in and I couldn't stop it. They need their Alpha there.

I slowly back away from my Mate and close my mind link. I don't need any distraction right now. I need to focus.

Once I reach the woods I didn't bother taking off my clothes. I shift right away not bothered that I rip my clothes. Once I got use to my form I was about to run when I felt something pressing at the back of my head. Like someone was trying to contact me. I shrug it off thinking it was my Beta or my mom.

I bent my hind legs and zoom off the woods and towards the pack house.

*                  *                            *