Peter Pan - Still Fighting My Demons PART 1

Author's note: In this story Peter Pan is NOT related to any other character from OUAT (people who have watched season 3 probably know what I'm talking about).

Your point of view

Night is my favourite time of day. The world is so peaceful and quiet at the nighttime. Sometimes it almost feels like the time has stopped running. That feeling used to make me anxious. I was afraid of the thought of doing nothing and just listening to my own thoughts at nights. Nowadays I feel different. Lately,  I've been feeling quite lonely and night is the only time of day when I don't mind being alone. The whole world is asleep so there's no pressure to please anyone. I've learned to love the quiet solitude of late night. The whole reality feels different, almost like everything could be possible.  

I put my book down on the table aside my bed. It was my favourite book when I was little, and it still is, although the fairytales in it are old and I've probably read them hundreds of times already. Someone would say it's childish that a seventeen-year-old still reads fairytales but I don't care. I love those nostalgic stories and sometimes I even wish I was a part of that world - the world magic, fairies, mermaids and princesses. The book gives me hope and it's my way to escape from the dull reality. 

I'm about to close the window above my bed when something in the horizon catches my attention. Above the rooftops there seems to be something floating in the air... and that something looks a lot like a shadow of a human. As the shadow approaches, I notice that it appears to be exactly what it looks like - a shadow of a human, floating in the cool night air by itself.

"I must have fallen asleep while reading..." I think as the shadow now floats right above my window.  I'm so confused that all I can do is stare at that absurd vision.

"Usually, I would wake up at this point, though," I say to myself. Suddenly, the shadow dashes into my room through the open window. I nearly fall on the floor as I try to follow it with my gaze. I get totally freaked out.

"What is happening here?! Stop!" I yell out while the shadow keeps flying around my room.

Then, all of a sudden the shadow stops as it hears me yelling out. It slowly comes closer and then stops right in front of me where I can see it clearly. And now that I think about it... From this point of view it doesn't seem so scary after all. I still can't quite process this whole thing in my head but I try my best to calm down and get to the bottom of this.

"Can you talk?" I quietly ask and immediately think that it must be the most stupid question I could possibly ask. The shadow doesn't answer, as I expected, but instead it offers me its hand. Instinctively, I take its hand and immediately regret doing that when I notice that the shadow takes off and my feet don't touch the ground anymore.

"Woah, hey! Wait!" I scream when the shadow leads us towards the open window. It doesn't seem to be caring what I have to say and I don't seem to be able to let go of its hand. Before I can even realize it, the shadow and I are flying above the streets of London. I'm breathing heavily as I'm squeezing the hand of the shadow tightly to make sure that I don't fall. Of course, if I really am dreaming, the fall would probably wake me up but it's not worth the risk. This feels so realistic that I don't even care if I'm dreaming, I just want to survive.

The shadow is flying so fast that it feels like everything is spinning around. I can feel the cold breeze against my skin as I'm wearing only my pajamas. I have no idea where the shadow is taking me and why.

It's like the shadow could read my mind because it suddenly answers to me with a deep voice:

"Second star to the right and straight on till morning."