Part 2

Kylo Ren and General Hux stood facing each other in the control room. They stood several feet away from each other, discussing their strategy for fighting what remained of the Resistance on Endor.
A commanding officer came to report to them. He nodded towards Kylo Ren. "Supreme Leader," He said, and Hux glared at him.
The officer nodded to Hux. "General," he said.
"Yes?" Kylo asked, a little impatiently.
"There's been a breech." He answered.
Kylo slammed his fist on the control panel next to him. Then he looked at the officer, and gestured for him to continue.
"It was the Millennium Falcon." He continued nervously.
Kylo drew his lightsaber and began to slash the control panel. He stopped and took a deep breath. "Did you catch the pilot?"
"No, the Millennium Falcon crashed into the landing bay. But it quickly flew away." He paused. "But we believe that someone is on board."
"Have you caught them?" Hux asked.
"No," the officer replied shamefully.
Kylo reached for his lightsaber to slash the control panel again. But before he had the chance, a group of stormtroopers came into the control room with Rey. He replaced his lightsaber on his belt. He walked over to her.
"Rey, what are you doing here?" He asked her.
Before she had the chance to reply, Hux stepped forward. "You!" He yelled. "You're the one who killed Supreme Leader Snoke."
"I..." She began.
"Be quiet." Hux yelled, interrupting her. He drew his blaster and pointed it at Rey. He fired it so quickly that she didn't have time to react.
Just as she expected the bolt to hit her, she looked up to see Ben step in front of her. The blaster bolt struck him the chest. She looked into his eyes and saw pain suddenly fill them. He placed his hand over the wound. Blood spilt from his chest on to his hand and several drops fell onto the floor. He looked at Rey for a long moment. Then he collapsed to the ground.
Hux gasped in surprise. He hadn't expected Kylo Ren to sacrifice himself to save the girl. But then he smirked, now he could be Supreme Leader and rule the First Order. There would be no one to stand in his way.
Rey looked at Hux. He still had the blaster in his hand. He lifted it and aimed it at her. The stormtroopers had quickly stepped aside when they saw Hux aiming the blaster at Rey. She turned and force pulled her lightsaber from one of the stormtroopers. She ignited it just in time to deflect the bolts that Hux rapidly shot at her.
She ran towards him, dodging the bolts as went. Once she reached him, she stabbed him in the chest with her lightsaber. His eyes widened with the sudden pain and then, they closed never to open again.
The stormtroopers rushed towards her, firing their blasters as they went. Rey blocked their blasts with a quick stroke of her lightsaber. But soon the stormtroopers were upon her. She had to move quickly to fight them all.
She let the Force guide her actions. Moving on instinct she fought the stormtroopers with ease. Soon, she had taken down all of the stormtroopers.
But she didn't see one of the officers standing behind her. She was pointing a blaster at Rey.
Rey could sense through the Force, that she was in danger. She turned to see the officer pointing a blaster at her. Then she heard a blast, and gasped waiting for the bolt to hit her.
When it didn't come, she turned to see Finn and Rose standing in the doorway. Finn was holding a blaster in his hand.
"We disabled the shields." Said Finn.
"So, we decided to come back for you," Rose added.
"And I'm glad we did." Finn said, looking at the fallen officer.
"Thank you." Said Rey.
Then she looked at Ben, he was still breathing. She went over to him. "Ben?" She asked softly.
"Rey?" He answered, in a weak voice.
She knelt down beside him, and gently lifted his head. "Why did you save me?" She asked.
"My whole life, I've wanted to be like my grandfather. I thought that meant ruling the galaxy. But when I saw you in danger, I realized that wasn't what he really wanted. I felt that he wanted me to save you." He replied. "You're the only true friend I've ever had. I couldn't live with myself if I let you die."
Rey looked at his wound, she knew he was dying. She could feel it in the Force. "But now, you will die." She answered with tears in her eyes.
"That's okay, as long as you are safe." He whispered, weakly. Then he drew his last breath and closed his eyes.
Finn and Rose watched as Rey held their enemy in her arms. Tears were spilling down her cheeks. "What happened?" Finn asked, he sounded confused, but spoke gently because he see that his friend was hurt.
"He died saving my life." She whispered in reply. She was astonished by her own words, he was her enemy, yet he had died to save her. He had finally come to the Light Side, she could see it in his eyes, and feel it in the Force. But just as soon as Ben had finally returned, he was gone again.
She had never known that he had thought of her as a friend. That he was willing to die for her. She hugged him, then gently laid him on the floor. She covered her face with her hands and wept.
After a short moment she felt something in the Force. Something strange and powerful. She heard Finn and Rose gasp in surprise. She looked up to see a young man walking towards her. He was blue and transparent. He was tall and had a scar on his face. He wore robes like those that Luke had worn. His dark blonde hair fell to his shoulders.
He walked forward to stand over Ben.
"Who are you?" Rey asked.
"I'm Ben's grandfather." He replied.
"You're Ben's grandfather?" Rey asked surprised. The figure before her was nothing like what she had imagined Darth Vader to look.
"Not Darth Vader, But his true grandfather." He replied, as if reading her thoughts. "Anakin Skywalker."
Then he turned his attention to his grandson laying on the floor. "I'm proud of you Ben." He said. "You finally learned the true power of the Force. And so have I. Now I finally know how to stop those I love from dying. And you're the one who showed me. Sometimes to save someone you love, you have to give up something. That's what you did for Rey, for the Resistance, and for the Light Side. Now I am going to do the same for you." Then he reached down and touched Ben's head.
Rey watched as the Force ghost of Anakin Skywalker slowly faded away. She wondered where he had gone. Then she heard a sudden gasp of breath from Ben. She looked down to see him open his eyes.
"Ben!" She said, reaching down to give him a tight hug.
"Rey," he whispered, hugging her back.