Angel - Yer name is Loki, right?

Characters: Allen Francis Doyle, Loki Laufeyson, Angel.

Crossover of:  Marvel and Angel 1999 TV series

Description: A Norse God somehow winds up in Doyle’s apartment demanding for some object. Pre-Thor.

Type: Short story.

____                                           _____                                    ____

.  . 1999  .  .  . Los Angeles .  .  

..  .  .  Night time  .  .  .

“Yer name’s Loki, right?” Doyle said, looking at the young man who seemed paler than his pal Angel.

Doyle had  recently entered his apartment--that had three locks which  only he could open with a tricky key--and flicked on the lights. At least seeing a man instead of a demon made it all more relieving except for the introduction part.Doyle has been around demons, monsters, and vampires; but Norse Gods, they were unheard of to come down to Midgard. Why would some Norse God come to his apartment without breaking the locks?

“Yes.” Loki said, with a wiz of his hand he turned a rug into a small rat.

Doyle stared at the little brown and white rat staring right back at him.

“Turn dat back.” Doyle finally said.  

“If it means I can get the Acalic back.” Loki said, sitting down at the table near the white and brown rat. “Then I will.”

“I don’t know what ‘Acal-ic’ yer talkin’ about.” Doyle said.

Loki sighs, shaking his head.

“It’s a golden rod attached to a square box that resembles a book built into a machine with a broom.” Loki describes the object as a look of recognition appeared in Doyle’s blue eyes. He taps his fingers on the table while eying at the young mortal.

“And how did dat Acal-ic wind up at a vampire nest?” Doyle asks, keeping his distance from the Norse God.

“Vampire nest.” Loki repeated as the rat is trying to bite at his chair. It seemed to be very determined to gnaw at it. Loki’s eyebrows hunched together. “There’s mortals who reside in bird nests and drink blood?”

“No.” Doyle said.Doyle looks at the Norse God as though figuring a simpler way to explain what he’s saying. “Imagine a flock of mortals, like birds, who can drink blood and reside in one buildin’. It’s where they dwell.”

“If I wasn’t here, my brother would have flown into your house and destroyed the table.” Loki said. “And then he would have proceeded to put that item on the candle on his head,” Loki points to the yellow item on the lamp. “And it wouldn’t have been a pretty sight.”

“Who’se your brother?” Doyle asks.

“Thor.” Loki said.  “God of Thunder.” Loki rolled his eyes. “He’s really fun to poke fun at with his desire to be king of Asgard.” Loki laughs a little. “Hah, that oaf would be far more reckless than father.” The way he said it was like someone outside the family talking about them like they didn’t belong into mentioned family. “I would hope the kingdom was spared for a few days before Thor received his dream  title.”

“Remind me who’s the dad.” Doyle said, eying at the rat ruining his pretty nifty chair. He hated rats.

“Odin, the allfather.” Loki said, tapping his fingers on the table.  “I will need the Acalic back.”