Whittier's POV
"What?" I said in a groggy tone as I rubbed my eyes. "What the hell is going on?"

"Come out."

"Look, tell Abel that I'm in trouble. I promised Will I'd stay put while he's in the hospital-"

"Abel's in deep shit. I need you to help me help him."

I paused for a moment to think. "What...what happened?"

"I'll explain to you in the car, okay? Let's go."

He hung up and I sighed and grabbed my jacket from my backpack. I slipped on my shoes and walked over to the window.

I propped it open and crawled out of the window. Lowered myself down and closed the window slightly.

I walked over to Lamar's car. "Is the motor running?" I asked quietly. He nodded and opened the door for me.

He pulled off slowly and I frowned as I tried to make sense of what was going on. "Lamar what happened? Is he okay? Did he get in a fight?"

"He got into it with his dad. Oshar...he got fucked up pretty good."

I sat in the seat feeling more and more unsettled. I didn't fully understand, but I wanted to be there for him.
Especially if it had to do with his dad. I knew his dad hit him sometimes.

When we got to the house, the front door was cracked open.

"What the fuck..." Lamar murmured. "Yo, stay behind me." He said to me. I trailed in after him as we walked inside.

"Where's the light switch?" I whispered to him.

"It should be right here." He flicked the switch and when the lights came on there was Abel. He was holding his father in his arms and he was covered in blood.

Lamar backed up slightly. I don't think Abel told him everything when he called him over.

I was afraid, but all I could think about was him.

"Abel..." I whispered as I shook my head.

"I...I..." He stammered as he lifted his head. I could see that he was crying.

He stared at me. "I just wanted him to stop..." blood was dripping from his face- it was obviously his own.

I walked over to him and squatted down.

"Abel... listen we have to call the police-"

"No!" Abel shouted and swatted me away, causing me to fall on my ass. I looked up at him in awe as he continued to go on. "No, Whittier, what the fuck kind of idea is that, huh?"

I quickly stood to my feet and grabbed him by the shoulders. I shook him to silence him. "Calm the fuck down." I said through my teeth.

"What am I supposed to say, Abel? Y-you can't leave him here." I said to him.

"We could bury him." Abel said.