Chapter Twelve

*Listen to La La - The Cab*

*Brookes POV*

Three days later, I was sitting in Lux's house on the toliet with a pregnancy box in my hands. Lux was sitting on the counter beside me, swinging her legs nervously. "Those sometimes aren't even accurate. I heard that the weatherman is more accurate than those." She rambled on. I looked up, getting annoyed with her because I was over-tired. I opened the box and pee'd on it. I waited. The anticipation was killing me. What of I was pregnant? I mean, I was taking online college classes and I had a small job, but I wouldn't be able to support myself. "Brooke, breathe." I let out a huge breath and the stick beeped it was done. I instantly froze. I couldn't bring myself to look at it. Lux peered over my shoulder and relaxed. I looked down. I wasn't pregnant. I was clear. I stood up, throwing the stick away, and pulled Lux into me.

"So im okay?" I whispered as I felt tears brim my eyes.

"You're okay." She rubbed my back, trying to calm my down.

"Im okay." I whispered, repeating her. I love kids, don't get me wrong. But I didn't want to have any kids with Elijah. I thought that we would spend the rest of our lives together, but im not so sure about that anymore. I wanted to make up with him, I really did, but it didn't seem like a good idea at the moment. I was going to move out and into my own apartment because I had finally saved up enough money. This apartment was closer to the boys and I would get to have some alone time. Belive it or not, I actually liked being by myself more than being with other people. Lux dropped me off at EJ's house. I opened the front door and walked into the livingroom, calling for Elijah that I was there. He was sitting on the couch and stood up faster than I'd ever seen him before. He ran over to me and threw his arms around me.

"What's up?" I laughed as I hugged him back. He pulled away and grinned at me.

"Nothing much. Watching TV and being completely lonely without you here." He laughed as he followed me upstairs. I didn't have much stuff, so it wouldn't take me long to pack. I had already told him that I would be moving out and he was sad about it but understood. We packed all my clothes, bathroom supplies, and what other little things I had. It only took about two hours when we finished packing all the boxes into the back of his car. We drove to the apartment complex and I went inside to get my key. I went inside the main bulding and up the front desk with Elijah at my side.

"Hi my name is Brooke Clifford and im moving in here and I need to get my room key." I smiled at her amd she smiled back.

"I believe we talked on the phone. Does 34B sound correct?" I nodded at her. She handed over a key and I took it, thanking her. We walked back out to the car and drove around until we found my building. I was on the second floor which I was thankful for because the elevator was in repair - which we found out when we went to use it -. We carried all of my shit into my new apartment which was nice, I had to admit. When you walked in through the door, you walked in between the kitchen - which was to your left - and the livingroom - which was to your right -. There was a hallway off the livingroom and in the hallway there was a closet and a spare bedroom. At the end of the hallway was the master bedroom and a bathroom in it. A couple hours later, we had unpacked almost everything - expect my books and knick knacks like that -. The boys had decided that they were going to go out tonight but I didn't want to go, even though they invited me. I had decided to go sleep at the boys house because I didn't have a bed and I missed them. I hadn't seen them in almost a week because I had Cal drop me off at Lux's house. I grabbed my phone, put it in my sweatpants pocket, and locked up my apartment before going to Elijahs car. I remembered the time that I drove his motorcycle to the club with Paige on the back. He still had the bike, but he had a car as well. He dropped me off at the boys house then backed out of the driveway and drove away. I went in the front door and went into the kitchen and saw all the boys on the couch. Ash, Luke, and Mikey all jumped up and ran over to me, doing a group hug around me.