Epilogue: The Blood Oath

It was September now and i sat with the rest of my friends. Gripping Bev's hand tightly in mine as she spoke. We sat in a circle on logs and rocks. Captivated by what she was saying. We were where we usually had our meets. At the grassy area near the giant river and the bridge.

"I can only remember parts but...i thought i was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us ALL of us together back in this town...but we were older. Our parents ages," Bev said.

"Wh-What were we all doing there ?," Bill pressed.

"I just remember how we felt. I was scared we were...i don't think i can ever forget that," She finished.

Bill grabbed a piece of glass and stood up to the group.

"Swear it....S-Swear..if it isn't dead...if it ever comes back...we'll come back too," Bill said.

Without hesitation i stood up and nodded at Bill.

"I'm ready."

The others looked around thinking before standing up as well. Even Stan as the bandages around his head snugly fit.

Bill cut his hand and scrunched his face in pain from the wound before moving onto me. He pierced my hand and went into a line. But i didn't scrubch up my face in disgust or pain. Because i was ready.

Bill went into a circle cutting everyone's hand. After me, it was Richie, then Eddie, Mike, Stan, Ben and Bev. He walked right between me and Richie as we all held each others bleeding hands. Eddie being the hesitant one because of the blood.

As we stood in a circle, i couldnt help but feel a sensation i haven't felt in a long time.

Happiness.

Happy that i wasn't alone anymore in this world. I had people to go to and talk to. Bill was like a brother to me. Richie was the annoying yet sometimes funny friend. Stan was the snarky and hesitant one while Eddie was a lovable Clean freak. Ben was actually a little nerd and Mike was surprisingly very shy.

Beverly was the best of all. My girlfriend. Her fiery red ahit and her adorable blue eyes. I felt complete. We all seperated our hands. Each one wet with warm blood.

"I'm gonna go," Stan said. "I hate you."

Bill looked down, hurt. We all stared at Stan with intensity. However, his face broke out into a smile and we all laughed.

"I'll see you later," Stan said as he left.

"Bye Stan," we replied back.

One by one they left. Eddie leaving almost right after Stan, hugging us all.
Mike, and then Richie. Ben who left a while later. Finally, Bill left an hour later. It was just me and Bev.

"So you all packed ?," i asked. Bev was miving to portland and i was sad to see her go. However, she had no place to stay. I offered my place but Bev understandably wanted to stay with her aunt. Get out of Derry for a while. The bad memories probably plaguing her mind.

"Pretty much," she said. "I'll be gone tomorrow morning."

"How long ?," i asked.

"...My aunt says i can stay for as long as i want so..."

I put my head down for a quick second before lifting it to see Bev's sad eyes.

"For the record....i never felt like i was a loser when i was with all of you," she said, smiling.

"And you never will be," i said firmly. She smiled before looking down, sad. She leaned in and kissed my cheek tenderly before standing. Tears evident in her eyes.

"I'll um see you later (Y/N)...i love you," she said. Bev walked away a little. I watched her walk. My mind ordering me to do something.

I stood up and bolted to Bev who turned around hearing my heavy footsteps. I lifted her chin and kissed her. My moist lips smashing onto hers. She put her bloody hand on my face deepening the kiss. We made out for some time before we seperated. Bev slowly smiled and gave me one last hug. She pulled away waving at me from afar as she left.

I stood alone now with my motorcycle. Reminiscing about the summer. Smiling as i looked at the dog tags, remembering my journey. The laughs. The blood. The sweat. The tears. All of it. I thought about my friends and Bev.

Those were all the people i needed in my life.

This....was the losers club.

WE were the losers club.

And we'll be back very....VERY...soon.