"Cool Home"

𝙎𝙔𝘿𝙉𝙀𝙔

I walked out of school, finally, the end of the day has rounded and i was ready to get out of here to be honest

I walked out of school, finally, the end of the day has rounded and i was ready to get out of here to be honest. I turned the usual corner and went down the sidewalk, i went to do my daily run home only to hear the sounds of pain and cries.

I turned around, i swear to god if it was- of course it's him, why wouldn't it be. The more i got closer, the more i realized it was curly from lunch. He gave me a look of plead from the cement floors as i only nodded.

"Why don't you go back to your fake mommy for help" i paused, he did not.
"Hey!" I looked up seeing beanie boy smack one of the guys in the head and the other in his lower area.

I smirked at him and he smiled back. My smirk soon faltered when the two guys got up and began chasing him. I went to run after them but felt a small grasp on my ankle. I looked down seeing curly still on the ground, a girl with straight brown hair helped him sit up.

Her hair covered her face so i couldn't really see who it is but whatever. I bent down and grabbed his one crutch, holding his arms and helping Curly up before handing him back his crutch. "Thanks" he breathed out.

A small smile on his face. "Yeah no problem" i looked in the far distance seeing no sign of Beanie boy. "I'm Freddie" i turned back to curly, who now i know is Freddie.

"Syd" i said with a lopsided smile. "So uhm not to sound like a stalker or anything but, uhm i know you live in a church and everything.. and uh, do you wanna maybe, stay at a foster home until the time being?" His voice faltered towards the end and got more high pitched out of fear.

"Sure" his eyes widened "Wow ok, that was like really quick and chill and-" i held my hand up "Don't, change my mind" He zipped his lips "Ok" i breathed out. So now i'm staying in a foster home with some strangers. How nice.

"So Freddie?" I turned to him as we arrived at his front door "Yeah" he said turning to me "What about Beanie boy?" I said, my voice in small panic "Oh Billie? He'll be fine" I nodded slowly

"Are you ok?" I ask before he had reached for the door, trying to stall time "Me? Y-yeah i'm fine." He reached again "Wait!" I said suddenly. "I can't-" he chuckled lightly, looking to the ground "What's funny?" I swallowed thickly

"You're nervous. I get that. I was to when i first came here" i let out a breath "okay" he then opened the door, once me and him stepped inside. All eyes on us "Hi! My name's Darla" I looked down at the confident little girl, "Hey i'm Syd" i said quietly with a tiny smile before looking back up. Might as well be nice.

I then pulled down my hood and took my hair out of it's low ponytail, letting it fall down to my back freely. I blew air from my mouth, my scalp was freed.

"Guys this is-"

"Sydney!?" i looked up "M-mary?" Soon i was engulfed into a huge hug, I had realized it was Mary and held on tighter.

"I-i thought you were gone" Mary whispered "I did to" Small tears fell down my face and hit her shoulder. We stood like that for about a good 5 minutes.

What do you expect?

𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺.